Handcent Questions (2)

mickdawg666

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I just got a Droid and am new to the forums, lot of good information here. My previous phones were the Moto e815, and the Moto Maxx Ve. Loved em both, swore that I would not get a new phone until I could get one with a good flashlight :).. Droid was that phone. Anyways..

I have two questions regarding the Handcent app:

Is there a way to turn off the language filter for voice to text. I would like to not have son of a *****, etc... when i VtT

Also, is there a calibration feature that allows the phone to recognize my voice better?

Thanks

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I just got a Droid and am new to the forums, lot of good information here. My previous phones were the Moto e815, and the Moto Maxx Ve. Loved em both, swore that I would not get a new phone until I could get one with a good flashlight :).. Droid was that phone. Anyways..

I have two questions regarding the Handcent app:

Is there a way to turn off the language filter for voice to text. I would like to not have son of a *****, etc... when i VtT

Also, is there a calibration feature that allows the phone to recognize my voice better?

Thanks

Id be interested in a calib for voice as well.. many times i try to "navigate to so and so" and it rarely gets it right.

neemo6

Reaction score
Im not aware of any of those types of settings. But i know that if you talk like a robot it actually works very well, give it a try.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Android 2.1 on the Nexus One apparently has the ability to use voice commands for every function. Hopefully the voice recognition has been enhanced and we will get it when we get 2.1.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2.1 does have OS wide voice-to-text.... so maybe we'll see some ways to adjust it :)

Froodychick

Reaction score
I love the voice commands especially voice dialer! Oh, not because it works well for me, it doesn't. It's because what the dialer comes up with is sooooo random. I'll say call home, and it will come up with open corporate calendar! Not useful but funny, and sometimes funny wins! :icon_ banana: