handcent problems

lamar89

Reaction score
I use handcent to broadcast updates to members of our church and there are 56 members in that handcent group. Quite often, the messages are more than 160 characters long and I have handcent split the message so that those without smartphones can still receive the whole message. This causes me to send 112 messages which causes me to exceed the 100 message per hours limitation and a message pops up for the last 12 saying "com.handcent.nextsms A large number of SMS messages are being sent. Select "OK" to continues, or "Cancel" to stop sending." If I hit OK in time, that one message will go through. If I am too late, the message fails and I will have to go to the failed messages and resend it (making sure to hit OK right away).

In attempt to fix this, I purchased the silver subscription of handcent for $7 and and downloaded and activated 2 Group SMS plugins. When I go to the GroupSMS service in handcent, it says 2 plugins are activated and you may send a max 300 SMS every hour. Nothing has changed! As a paid member, I have tryed for several months to get any response from handcent tech support and have not even had any acknowledgment that my multiple polite emails were received. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get this fixed, I would be very grateful. I would prefer not to root the phone.

WhyAskY

Reaction score
Just a FYI concerning Handcent. I bought the 1 year Gold membership from handcent but, they never activated the service. I have sent multiple emails an never received a response, the last one I got "The mail server could not deliver mail to handcent@bservice1". Today I filed a Paypal dispute. I wonder if they are in financial trouble.