Handcent messaging help

tj1994

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a droid running 2.2.1. I have had my droid for around 8 months now and i am having trouble with Handcent messaging app. I cannot get the green check mark to come up, the "i" icon pops up and when i view details it says "unsuccessful" even though the text has been sent and received. I have tried everything, I uninstalled and reinstalled and didn't work. I have set it back to defaults, selected delivery reports that needs carriers report but still never worked. I recently used the app V Cast messages and when i send messages in that app the check mark appears. But the app lacks alot of things and i prefer Handcent because its customizable and has a nice look. Can anyone please help me with this. I appreciate it

Broadleynine

Reaction score
Perhaps you are sending your SMS as MMS. I only get that "i" when I send a MMS. In the send message settings try unchecking the "auto-convert to MMS." It may not work but it's worth a shot.

Have you used the pop-up quick reply? And if so, when you sent that message through the pop-up did a message at the bottom of the screen flash "message sent successfully" and then fade?

You also may want to ask this question in the Handcent forum.

Though I have to ask...is the little green check really that important?

I know it looks like a really smartass comment but I'm really asking. If yes, then you might want to try GO SMS. While it's not AS customizable as Handcent it's nearly there and after a few updates it'll probably be close. I tried and liked it and considered switching but stayed with Handcent because of the customizations. However, if there weren't Handcent then GO would be my SMS app.

OP
T

tj1994

Reaction score
In the send message settings auto convert was not checked. And I have not used the pop up settings on handcent before. And the check mark is not really that important, I am just used to having it from previous usage of verizon phones. And I noticed in handcent, that theirs only one person the check mark will pop up on, but I am not sure if it is because they are on my plan as well. And I appreciate your reply on my question