[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

rkvtycoon

thank you navalynt. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. On my SD card it lists the partition and does say everything is partitioned correctly. I used the program Minitool - as a previous poster used himself.

I've tried using Russian firmware and also US firmware with V5 Optimizer (rev1 as well for Russian firmware) and i keep getting the same error!

insmod of ext2 successful!
mount: invalid argument
error mounting sd ext2, exiting script.

I don't understand what the problem is. Can anyone be of assistance?

Thanks!!
format sd on your phone then use gparte to shrink n create partion for ext3...or u can try minitool that u used before...

rkvtycoon

[/quote]
format sd on your phone then use gparte to shrink n create partion for ext3...or u can try minitool that u used before...[/QUOTE]

Thanks Khal. I tried formatting and partitioning again. When trying to install apps2sd I now have this error.

insmod: init_module ' /system/lib/modules/ext.2.ko' failed <File exists>
Error loading Ext2.ko, exiting script ...

Does this error mean I will have to reflash the firmware and try again?

rkvtycoon

yeap..u need to reflash back...

reflashed and tried again. Still with the same Mount: invalid argument error. I have no idea what im doing wrong. The SD card seems to be partitioned correctly... Ext3 - 1.5gb (tried 1gb the first go)

giving up for tonight.

P

prya

Did you partition the sd card again? I had this error one or two times in the beginning too. I had to delete the sd card and partition it again. It is important to mark the partitions as active! And do a wipe of the phone cache too...
If it still not works try another program/ software to partition the sd card. I cannot explain it but it worked not for me while using the one software for partitioning while it worked after using another software... maybe the first doesn't work properly...?

steps to prepare micro sd:
# format ur micro sd on ur phone..
# then shrink the volume for 1g to ext3 partition and linux swap (128 m)...( im using gparte ubuntu).
# format the ext3 partion using ubuntu disk utilty .U need to ensure the check box with 'Take Ownership of the File System' is unchecked for the partition before you create it otherwise the partition is created and it has superuser permissions only.
#done

shakugankarasu

just wondering, if anyone else has problems with the keyboard? My ">" key is some weird "&alt"
and my "&" is "&amp" or something like that... is there a way to fix this?

rhythmjhan

the russian optimizer is down :(.. i waited and when i clicked the link... it just doesn't download..

*edited* its up again.. :)

Last edited:

rkvtycoon

Did you partition the sd card again? I had this error one or two times in the beginning too. I had to delete the sd card and partition it again. It is important to mark the partitions as active! And do a wipe of the phone cache too...
If it still not works try another program/ software to partition the sd card. I cannot explain it but it worked not for me while using the one software for partitioning while it worked after using another software... maybe the first doesn't work properly...?

Thats very strange. I think the problem is actually marking the partitions as active. The problem I have is marking them active. I'm not too sure how to do this using minitool. Ive checked the FAQ's but havent figured it out. I think that's the problem I'm having.