[ROM] [GSM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] [120618 1.4b: Troubles solved! Keyboards, FB, etc]

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was just about to ask about this. Apparently the links in the OP's post are "Maguro" or Sprint. That explains why I can't install the ROM, lol. I didn't see an option for CDMA version of this app in this thread at least (did I miss something?). I'll find it somewhere else if its available for Verizon/CDMA...

E

i gave up all cdma topics. right now someone else compiles for it and it will delay things a bit. on xda people started to port their roms with a cooking receipe i gave them. you can also wait for the topics if you want.

coolshock1

Reaction score
you forgot factory reset--- do it and it'll go through under a minute

next time remember, new rom is different from the one on your phone? factory reset

dev posts an update to your rom and doesnt mention anything about "fullwipe"? flash away, simply clean caches

dev posts a fix? flash away, clean caches.

Yes sir. Went back and read a 3rd time and ended up figuring it out.

So you will no longer be supporting the cdma version of the ROM? This is was finally got me to root and flash. Bummer.

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120614v1.2beta
  • Compiled from a unified GIT that is shared by a growing number of devices
  • Has all the latest CM9 additions
  • Completely revamped hybrid code-base, should be better overall
  • New PAD/PAL code allows system-scaling finally, that means you can scale the lockscreen, dialogs, toasts, etc.
  • Trebuchet comes with new menu options: 4x4 grid grid folders, options for backgrounds, tablet effects
  • New cool backup app for pad.prop, *maybe* even an OTA app, either 1.2 or 1.3
  • New panel options and descriptions
  • Hide status-bar clock doesnt hide HOLO clock in notification center
  • Number of notification icons definable in settings
  • Tons of fixes and improvements

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
I just flashed the old build yesterday and now an update! Lol I'm loving this rom so far. The battery life and speed have been amazing. Still getting used to the layout but it seems like a whole new device.

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120615v1.3beta
  • Navigationbuttons in phone mode are fixed
  • Franco kernel smashed games, storage, bootmanager - i switched to cm's default kernel
  • Settings panel had a bug, you couldnt set android.dpi, decriptions sucked, too
  • Speed improvements, all launchers are buttersmooth now
  • Force option for widget scaling works again

idcrisis

Reaction score
I just installed 1.3 and it seems like there is a yellow tinge to everything now...anyone have ideas on how to fix that?

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
its cm's default kernel, just they way they interpret colors. i dont like it aswell, its too warm, but i got too many complaints when i used franco, which in my opinion is the only kernel for nexus that has a proper white ballance. apparantly franco smashed bootmanager and a couple of games, storage didt show either i heard. if you want install franco on top of it and you'll get even white-ballance.

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Why does this Rom lag so much? I love this Rom but its so slow compared to others. /:

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120618v1.4beta
  • New Hybrid code, keyboard troubles should be gone, apps that crop images or display weird, that should be gone aswell
  • PAD/PAL work in phonemode 100%, no weird toggles and stuff like that. you get full tablet apps without caveats
  • Settings cleanup, most of the garbage dpi options are gone, should be more intuitive - i ask you to not bring your old pad.props though some things changed. if you know what you do take a look and edit by hand
  • Trashed our LatinIME repo - not needed anymore

OP
molesarecoming

molesarecoming

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Why does this Rom lag so much? I love this Rom but its so slow compared to others. /:
1.2 had a bug. 1.3 should have fixed it. i have normal lagging at startup but once it prefetched all its stuff its fine and fluent, no lag at all.

xspacemonkey85x

Reaction score
1.2 had a bug. 1.3 should have fixed it. i have normal lagging at startup but once it prefetched all its stuff its fine and fluent, no lag at all.

i used boot manager a lot with my droid x. does this work with that and does boot manager work on the nexus?