Greetings

kamike

Reaction score
Glad to have this forum and have already found some excellent advice.

I've had my Motorola Droid for about 6 months and just discovered the possibilities with customizing, rooting, etc. .

I've rooted my droid successfully using advice on this forum:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Was most impressed with the professional writeup and that it worked. Now I am trying to figure out how to install a now ROM, what to look for, etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am more than a newbie - I do not write code and the last time I programmed anything was with punch cards using FORTRAN.

kamike:)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us and have found some useful information. If you are using SPR to install a rom, theme, or kernel the process is fairly simple.

Download the rom and rename the file to update.zip (make sure there is only one ".zip" extension.
Mount/connect your phone to your computer.
If you have a update.zip file on your SD card either rename or remove the file.
Drag the update.zip file to the root of your SD card.
Boot into recovery
Make a backup
Wipe data and cache 3 times
select install and install (dec)
reboot.

If you are using Rom Manager open the app scroll to select rom download the rom (status will be displayed in the notification bar) when the download completes move the notification down and tap the rom. Make a backup and wipe data and cache.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike