Greetings from a newbi

theshadowsmith

Reaction score
Never used a cell phone for more than phoning, so the Droid is quite an experience.

My first question for Droid experts:

I have an excel spread sheet in google docs. Exel.exe is the title. When I try to open it to the Droid I get a message that says "cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone.

Could it be because I am using a trial version of Excel and have not paid Microsoft for it?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, theshadowsmith! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!

I'm not sure about your Google docs problem as I don't use it, but I suspect because it is an .exe file and not an .xls file that you are attempting to download, Droid is refusing it. Personally, I have no trouble opening Excel, Word, or pdf formats with the stock phone.

:welcome:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A .exe file is an executable file, It's a whole Excel program. You can get documents to go to handle excel spreadsheets and such but that .exe file will have to be opened on a PC.

OP
T

theshadowsmith

Reaction score
Thank you sir.

I have stored the file in "my documents" and will try and upload it to google from there.

Then maybe I can access it from the Droid.