green notification light

edition

Reaction score
hi all, i received a "certified like new" droid this week to replace my original one after the power button got stuck. after inspecting the "new" one, syncing it up, and putting on an anti glare cover, i realized i'm not getting the green light at missed calls or texts. not even a red light at low battery. i took it to the store today where someone spent an hour looking in the menu options before they gave up and agreed to give me another new one.

i've seen this talked about in other forums but nothing recent.

the next one we booted up had the same problem. so he called tech support and the woman on the line said she was testing one right there and it also didn't have the light - says the "newest update" did away with it. i call BS but can anyone offer some insight here? i ended up taking home the original one they sent me as it already had my antiglare cover but i'm tempted to call tech and have them send another. however, if what she says is true, i won't bother.

robin

Reaction score
I can't be any help on the light (other than that my & my husband's droids, with the current OS, both have lights) but what happened with your power button? Mine's stuck and I found this thread while trying to research it.

Did you get a replacement phone under warranty or through insurance?

OP
E

edition

Reaction score
robin, i got a new phone through warranty as i still had one day left before it expired. the power button was just getting stuck and had to be wiggled too much for my liking...they replaced it no problem. still debating on exchanging out the replacement because of that green light issue though...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this probably doesnt help, but the light works great on my D2 with the most recent software.

Download an app like Handcent SMS, and setup the notification and test it -- if the light doesnt come on, then it's broken. If it does, then I'm betting there's a setting somewhere that was overlooked.

OP
E

edition

Reaction score
yea i figured it wasn't a software issue. i've downloaded every app on the market that affects the light and no dice...doesn't even blink red on low battery. i've just got to get over the pain of setting up the phone to my liking from scratch again! thanks for your input.