great phone bad camera

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Is this before or after the update? Camera was everyone's biggest complaint about the phone but supposedly the OTA addresses it.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

jamjr74

Reaction score
I feel the same. Waiting for verizon ota to see how it improves. If no improvement may have to go back to my s4. Hurry up Verizon please!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

orangepeel

Reaction score
I feel the same. Waiting for verizon ota to see how it improves. If no improvement may have to go back to my s4. Hurry up Verizon please!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

So true. I'm trying to sell a ring on ebay and took a bunch of pictures and none of them looked like what the S4 could do just point and shoot. Like OP said,great phone with a terrible camera.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
To me, it is reminiscent to the old Bionic and Razr camera's. Same focus issue. Punit said the update is coming for VZW and I've also heard that the soak invites went out - but being on a Dev edition, Matt tells me that they won't use me :(

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me, it is reminiscent to the old Bionic and Razr camera's. Same focus issue. Punit said the update is coming for VZW and I've also heard that the soak invites went out - but being on a Dev edition, Matt tells me that they won't use me :(

Still should see it soon regardless of the soak - and being on the dev edition, have you tried flashing one of the roms from other carriers ported to Verizon to see the camera difference?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Just got done installing the update (139.15.1). Anxious to test out the camera now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got done installing the update (139.15.1). Anxious to test out the camera now.

Please report back - I know the colors should "pop" more, but wonder about actual usage, auto-focus, etc.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If those with complaints regarding the camera have not received the new OTA update, I would strongly urge you to wait for the OTA and then make your judgement on how the camera performs.

jamjr74

Reaction score
If those with complaints regarding the camera have not received the new OTA update, I would strongly urge you to wait for the OTA and then make your judgement on how the camera performs.

Have u you got the ota? How is it?

Galaxy S4!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Maxx has the same camera specs, correct? I haven't had any issues with the Maxx camera. In fact, I actually like it a lot more than the Maxx HD camera. The only thing I don't like about Moto camera software is the lack of settings.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Maxx has the same camera specs, correct? I haven't had any issues with the Maxx camera. In fact, I actually like it a lot more than the Maxx HD camera. The only thing I don't like about Moto camera software is the lack of settings.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Yes - and the Maxx appears to be getting the same update the X just had, pretty soon anyway. Evidently soak invites for the Maxx / Ultra / Mini went out today.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I haven't taken too many pictures yet, but so far the problem of constantly refocusing in low light conditions seems to have been corrected. It seems to focus once and lock in now.