GRave Defense HD

Reaction score
So, a few weeks ago I downloaded the pay version of GRave Defense HD and I'm freakin' hooked. I've been playing this game obsessively. It is a great tower defense game but as you get farther along it gets very hard. There were a couple of levels I probably played 20 - 30 times on the "normal" setting before beating them. Often just one correct configuration of towers and placement will work and that can take a lot of trial and error to figure out.

Oh, and I HATE the kamikaze mutants!

So, does anyone else have this game and what are your thoughts on it?

skel1977

Reaction score
I played grave defense the xmas special. Was pretty cool. I forgot about this game.

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
There is a free version of Grave Defense HD with fewer levels if you just want to try it. I would pay for the full version for sure, but luckily I got it as an Amazon free app of the day.

kwazytazz

Reaction score
how did you beat level 20 ragnorak in gold? im clueless on how to beat em i get up to wave 15 of 35 and im getting raped

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
how did you beat level 20 ragnorak in gold? im clueless on how to beat em i get up to wave 15 of 35 and im getting raped

I haven't beat it yet, I'm stuck on the same level. I beat the silver campaign and got to Ragnarok on gold last week. It seems like I've made it past wave 20, but still lose. The lasers help but I eventually get overwhelmed anyway, even on the "Casual" setting. Money towers would really be helpful on that level but aren't an option.

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
So, since I'm very frustrated after losing Ragnarok for the 50th time, I decided to check out the Bonus Campaign. The first level is pretty cool. It's very similar to Ragnarok but you have better weapons and I beat it. The best weapon is a ground only one called the Napalm Cannon. It shoots out globs of napalm that nuke large sections of the ground and all the enemies within it :)

erinem

Reaction score
Stupid ragnarok

I'm stuck on ragnarok as well. I've made it to wave 28 but can't make it past there and have been killed about 30 times. I keep trying different combinations of weapons, so far I think the flame thrower/freezer combination works well, I just need a lot more of them. :)

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
I actually made it to level 32 on Ragnarok recently and thought I finally had it beat but my tank got overwhelmed as usual. I was using freezers, lasers and flame throwers. A money tower would make the level much easier to handle.

When someone finally passes it they need to post what their strategy was. I think if I had destroyed some of my machine guns to buy a couple of more freezers/lasers I may have been able to pass it. I'll try that next time I play.

kwazytazz

Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it! So frustrating as the last level to beat the game!

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
How?!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I didn't use any freezers for one thing. I had the front section where the mutants come from blanketed with maxed out machine guns. In the "home" side of the screen I had a laser in the middle after the gate and 3 or 4 other lasers strategically positioned. I had 2 nets to get the flying creatures and multiple fire cannons. The real winner though is the freeze cannons. I had two freeze cannons on the tank. These damage enemies and slow them to a halt. Previously it was the grim reapers that would always get me, with the freeze cannons they were stuck while my fire and lasers destroyed them. Flying enemies got stuck in nets then frozen and fried like the rest. As I gained more money I added a couple of more freeze cannons. At the end there are waves of witches, draculas, those scorpion mutants and frankensteins. Without the freeze cannons you'll be toast against them.

kwazytazz

Reaction score
Where was your first placements for the machine guns? I always put it in the middle between the left and right sections if you get what i mean

kwazytazz

Reaction score
I finally beat ragnarok too! Thanks for the tip, it was really the freeze canons and flame throwers that did the trick -_-