Gps

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nonsense. Better/best is always highly subjective -- regardless of the topic of discussion. If a person is frequently out of coverage or traveling internationally then Google Maps Nav isn't the end-all-be-all of nav apps as self-contained locally stored map data is a definitive plus in such cases.

Nothing is one-size-fits-all. At least query the user's requirements before making such assertions.

Is there a better navigation app than the Navigation app that comes with the phone?
Always qualify what you mean by better. Are you finding anything specifically lacking? Do you have specific needs/wants? Are you just looking into alternatives out of curiosity?

Last edited:

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there are nav apps in the market, i believe they are all pay. never used any, though i recall i thread where this was discussed before, i cannot find it though.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
Nonsense. Better/best is always highly subjective -- regardless of the topic of discussion. If a person is frequently out of coverage or traveling internationally then Google Maps Nav isn't the end-all-be-all of nav apps as self-contained locally stored map data is a definitive plus in such cases.

Nothing is one-size-fits-all. At least query the user's requirements before making such assertions.

Is there a better navigation app than the Navigation app that comes with the phone?
Always qualify what you mean by better. Are you finding anything specifically lacking? Do you have specific needs/wants? Are you just looking into alternatives out of curiosity?
Just looking out of curiosity