GPS Problem

joefuf

Reaction score
I am running 1.2 on my D3 and I have a small GPS issue. I can use Maps just fine, but if I try to navigate to a destination, I get the Navigation app and all I get to is "Searching for GPS."

I get a route, but the app never starts to function. Is there a fix for this? Is it a common issue? Is there an alternative? I am going to be driving from NY to MD in a few days and I would really like to have GPS capability...

mkglitzman

Reaction score
That's weird because the speech feature was broken on mine. It kept saying something about angle brackets and xhtml instead of the actual turn by turn directions...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
J

joefuf

Reaction score
That's weird because the speech feature was broken on mine. It kept saying something about angle brackets and xhtml instead of the actual turn by turn directions...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I read a bunch of posts all over forums (not just on DroidForums) about people with the Droid 3 having GPS issues. There's a good thread about possible solutions here in case anyone finds my post in search of similar answers.

I ended up fixing my own problem by noticing a trend - my GPS would only work when I had "a running start." As long as I was moving, be it in the car or just walking, it would pick up my location instantly. If I am standing still, I get "Searching for GPS" indefinitely.