1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gps not finding location!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tdog7879, Dec 25, 2009.

1. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

All day to i been trying to get my GPS to find my location and it just searching for GPS! I have tryied turn gps on and off ,cleared gps history,batt. pull. I was using the GPS the yesterday and it worked fine. The only thing i have installed since yesterday was a couple of video games....Also when i took the phone outside and got some driving directions the GPS thought i was driving???? Last thing it has been a rainy.stormy day in VA ...not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any ideas???

THANKS
  2. jlnguyen

jlnguyen New Member

I had the same problem but it cleared up as soon as I turned onto a road. If yours doesn't fix itself, I would just take it back to verizon for a new one.
  3. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

you're probably in a bad location where it can't pick up gps signals.
  4. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

Im at my house...even when i use the compass app it will show my address but not now!
  5. modified

modified New Member

Mine has the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. It says searching for GPS and nothing is happening. 3G is fine, 3bars in the area. (It's a populated area)
  6. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Guys...gps is based on sattelites and nothing else. Could be an issue with cloud cover or something else. It happens....give it some time and see what happens. I doubt it has anything to do with the DROID. Hell...I get the same issue with directv or xm radio...patience people!!!!
  7. datguybk

datguybk New Member

i usually dont get a GPS signal even when im at full bars and 3G until i step outside with clear skies hen it just takes a couple of seconds to lock onto my location, try using *228 and updating your PRL?
  8. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

Full bars, 3G, PRL -- none of these things have anything to do with GPS.

GPS signals come from the GPS satellite network. Cloud cover, tall trees, tall buildings, buildings and structures made from steel-reinforced concrete -- these things will affect GPS.
  9. Funky145

Funky145 New Member

I had the same problem yesterday where my droid couldn't lock on to any satellites and I was outdoors. I think that it was finally able to get a lock ~4pm.
  10. catsailr

catsailr New Member

The signal from the GPS satelites is very weak and you usually can't receive the signal indoors. Even outdoors, trees can block the signal. I was using surveying grade GPS equipment last week in the woods and had trouble locking on to the satelites, even through there were no leaves on the trees.
    There is a GPS App you can download that shows the satelite positions and the signal strength of the ones locked on.
  11. Benton

Benton New Member

Try using GPS Status, not sure about its accuracy for detailed use (it may be great but I have not validated it yet), but this will show what your GPS receiver is detecting. I am pretty sure I got this through Marketplace.
  12. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

I did this and a batt. pull and after the reboot it worked...YaaaaaY!!!!!!:icon_ banana:
  13. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 New Member

My GPS totally wigged out for a couple of hours last weekend in Las Vegas. I was driving in the wide open with clear skies and no obstructions. It kept taking forever to get a fix and when it finally locked on, it was way off. This condition eventually fixed itself and that's the only problem it's ever had.
Search tags for this page
android gps not finding

android gps not finding location

android not finding gps

android not finding location
android phone not finding gps

droid gps not finding location

droid x not finding gps
gps not detecting my location
gps not dinding location

gps not finding location

no position in gps