GPS/NAV is broken after 2.2 upgraded

tfc6154

Reaction score
After upgraded to 2.2, GPS/NAV is not working. All settings for GPS are disabled.

Thanks.

gnumexiko

Reaction score
GPS settings disabled

After upgraded to 2.2, GPS/NAV is not working. All settings for GPS are disabled.

Do you, per chance have a GPS on/off widget on one of your screens? If set to off, your GPS settings will be ghosted out in Menu. After 2.2 upgrade, my GPS widget went to off and the GPS settings in Location were ghosted out. Turned GPS widget to on, settings no longer ghosted out, selected enable GPS and assisted GPS and it works fine. No problem. Also, of course, you must be outside with a view of the sky for GPS to work.

dkrash1

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue... when I try to enable my location settings... they are greyed out. I cannot select them... When I try to open Maps- it says that GPS is not enabled and takes me to the settings page. again... greyed out. I have checked and I don't have any short cuts to the GPS.... I spent almost an hour with Verizon support... the only thing they could finally recommend was a system restore. I am a bit leery doing that - hell... I just got my phone to where I love they way it looks and operates!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I am having a similar issue... when I try to enable my location settings... they are greyed out. I cannot select them... When I try to open Maps- it says that GPS is not enabled and takes me to the settings page. again... greyed out. I have checked and I don't have any short cuts to the GPS.... I spent almost an hour with Verizon support... the only thing they could finally recommend was a system restore. I am a bit leery doing that - hell... I just got my phone to where I love they way it looks and operates!

You try a battery pull? Wipe Cache?

If neither of those work youre going to have to do a fac. reset to get GPS working. Its a big feature to not have working. Sorry, that sucks man.

milemarker17

Reaction score
Newcomer here & my 1st post. Just got a Droid X and received the same 'gps disabled' message despite not having had much opportunity to gum things up yet. But I checked and saw that if I had either Wi-Fi or Satellite power on, the navigation is enabled. Have you experimented with this, or checked to see if those are on when you try navigation?