1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS/NAV is broken after 2.2 upgraded

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by tfc6154, Sep 23, 2010.

1. tfc6154

tfc6154 New Member

After upgraded to 2.2, GPS/NAV is not working. All settings for GPS are disabled.

Thanks.
  2. gnumexiko

gnumexiko New Member

GPS settings disabled

3. dkrash1

dkrash1 New Member

I am having a similar issue... when I try to enable my location settings... they are greyed out. I cannot select them... When I try to open Maps- it says that GPS is not enabled and takes me to the settings page. again... greyed out. I have checked and I don't have any short cuts to the GPS.... I spent almost an hour with Verizon support... the only thing they could finally recommend was a system restore. I am a bit leery doing that - hell... I just got my phone to where I love they way it looks and operates!
  4. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

You try a battery pull? Wipe Cache?

If neither of those work youre going to have to do a fac. reset to get GPS working. Its a big feature to not have working. Sorry, that sucks man.
  5. milemarker17

milemarker17 New Member

Newcomer here & my 1st post. Just got a Droid X and received the same 'gps disabled' message despite not having had much opportunity to gum things up yet. But I checked and saw that if I had either Wi-Fi or Satellite power on, the navigation is enabled. Have you experimented with this, or checked to see if those are on when you try navigation?
Search tags for this page

mb885 gps greyed out