GPS locations between friends--is there an ap that does this?

MikeGoob

Reaction score
Say Im trying to find my friend who is lost--is there an ap that will communicate with my phone (running same ap) that will tell us how to travel to each other? or one to travel to the others location?

Also maybe something that works in the woods and not needing a street map?

loop4zil

Reaction score
Say Im trying to find my friend who is lost--is there an ap that will communicate with my phone (running same ap) that will tell us how to travel to each other? or one to travel to the others location?

Try Google Lattitude

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Try Google Lattitude

It is built into your Google Maps application and should do exactly what you're looking for.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
Other that Latitude usually sucking, its a good suggestion. It doesn't update consistently. Last weekend a buddy of mine and I used it since we were meeting up at a bar district about 100 miles away from home, Latitude told me that he was still at home...last updated 18 hours ago.

I want one of those "find my car" apps for people.

rkeller62

Reaction score
I have used Glympse. It is pretty cool. You need to "share your where" (that is their tag line) via sms or email and give the person the ability to follow your location live from Glympse on another phone or via web on a pc. It works great and is very close to real time (probably like 10 to 15 seconds behind).

I used this last time I went to visit my sister. No need to call or text to see where I was, she just loaded the Glympse app on her iPhone (I know, but she loves it) and I sent her an sms from my Droid and she could check back whenever she wanted and see me driving along. Even told her how fast I was going!

You can set a destination as well.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Glad you like it. So far my only complaint is 4 hours is the max time you can enable at a time. The trip to my Moms/sisters is about 5 1/2 hours.

loop4zil

Reaction score
I have used Glympse. It is pretty cool. You need to "share your where" (that is their tag line) via sms or email and give the person the ability to follow your location live from Glympse on another phone or via web on a pc. It works great and is very close to real time (probably like 10 to 15 seconds behind).

I used this last time I went to visit my sister. No need to call or text to see where I was, she just loaded the Glympse app on her iPhone (I know, but she loves it) and I sent her an sms from my Droid and she could check back whenever she wanted and see me driving along. Even told her how fast I was going!

You can set a destination as well.

Arg! I was trying to get a developer friend of mine to make an app like this this months ago! He kept saying non-sense about how Lattitude does that. But my point was the SMS or MMS capability. Not everyone has a smartphone or wants to check there laptop every 30 mins to see where your are. Anyway...yet another brilliant Idea I had that someone beat me to it...just like the Chia pet, The snuggie and the Internet...freaking Al Gore <grumble>.