gps fails

swope1221

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My wife and I both have GPS issues on our Droid X2s. They were both rooted using Super One Click found here, latest version at the time they were rooted (2.3.3 I believe). After rooting, and this has been for a month or so, the GPS will frequently fail. When I say that I mean that I not only don't get the searching for gps message, the little icon in the notification bar doesn't even blink. Most of the time toggling gps on and off using the power widget brings it back, but this happens way too often, sometimes it doesn't even work right after a reboot and a battery pull!

I tried sbfing back to stock 2.3.4, and then it works. So I proceed to root as usual (super one click, voodoo root keeper, ota update to latest firmware, then restore root via voodoo) and again it fails frequently, both phones. I am looking for any help/ideas here as I have googled and read several forms but no solution has worked. I am at the point I am ready to purchase 2 new droid razr maxx, but I really don't want to as these phones were only purchased a little over a year ago and it would mean forking over $1300.

Thanks in advance.
Eric

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There's an issue with the battery doors or the x and x2 getting worn in a particular area... and it effects the GPS by grounding out the antenna.. the remedy is a piece of electric tape on that spot. .

Idk if this is your issue.. and I can't find the thread that talks about it...

Hopefully someone will know more about it...