GoWalla

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by naman919, Jan 21, 2010.

1. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone been able to use their "mobile" site? I cannot for the life of me get it to recognize the Droid as a mobile phone.

Doesn't matter the browser or the user agent setting.

Supposedly it's possible though: Gowalla Hops Onto Android Via The Mobile Web

Anyone else been able to successfully jump to the mobile site and check-in anywhere?

2. Istus

Istus Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the point of these advanced phones with advanced browsers was so you didn't have to go to the limited mobile sites.

4. Istus

Istus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Often times the mobile site is easier to navigate than the full site. Regardless of the gorgeous and large screen on the Droid, if you have a site with many links close to one another, your finger is typically larger than the area you wish to tap. This is highly frustrating...

5. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gowalla mobile is used so that you can actually check-in via the phone. I used it yesterday and it worked just fine. I was able to check-in and drop off items via the mobile web.

BTW for those wondering ... the developer of Gowalla says the Android app is in final development and expect a beta in a few weeks with a release at the end of February.

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the biggest selling point for me to get the Droid. Bye Bye to mobile sites... for me at least :)

7. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys

That did work. I guess i was setting the dolphin browser to be android/iphone vs desktop in hopes that gowalla would automatically push me to the mobile site.

Putting the direct url in works. Thanks. I guess i should have tried that. They should still have it direct you to the mobile site but oh well.

Plus 1 to this. That's exactly why i still use mobile sites sometimes. Even this forum is a PITA to navigate so i find myself on the mobile site alot.

Excited for the app. Wondering if it'll beat out Foursquare in the end. We'll see i guess. :huh:

off topic: Signed up for BrightKite and it's really clunky BUT has an android app. Thoughts from anyone else?

8. rgn2000

rgn2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a droid and using the m.gowalla.com, but it never locates. It just says locating contantly. How are you guys getting the mobile site to work?