Google VP Jabs at Nokia via Twitter

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I think it is not a localized marketed phone. The thing is that very few people use Nokia phones in US. The reason is OS, features, hardware and many more.

Have you ever used a Nokia ? I had a couple in the past and the hardware is top notch . The software has plenty of features , full Flash and everything , it actually got Flash way before Android . And the camera , I have yet to meet a phone that beats a Carl Zeiss lens on a Nokia .
My guess is that Nokia doesn't sell in US not because it's a bad phone , but because the carrier doesn't sell it . See , the carriers from the rest of the world are not so much into selling phones , they are more into providing services . The main carriers in Europe ( Orange , Vodafone , T-Mobile etc ) are all using the same frequencies so you can use any phone you want on any of the carriers . There are stores that sell phones with no affiliation to any of the carriers , those are phones exactly like the manufacturer produces them with no carrier specific modification . In US you buy what the carrier is selling you , you pretty much have no choice . That's why Optimus 2x , Galaxy S , Desire HD , Phone 7 etc, is selling in Europe months before they get to VZ if they ever get here . A lot of great phones don't ever get to US .