Google Voice

tkstock

Reaction score
That's bull$*** to charge anything for something that's free. I'll wait and not pay a dime for it... but I will give away my invites as well.

Agreed. However, if someone wants to give me $1 million for one or both of my invites, that would be nice... :)

I have two, PM if you still need.

I don't know how to pm from the mobile site... and I don't have a million either LOL... I can pay in gratitude though!

Just curious, Vic, did you get a couple of invites to give out, or are they not doing that with new accounts?

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any invites yet, still playing with it you know! If I get some I will be back to here to pay it back... thanks again, enjoy the million dollars!

droid.user

Reaction score
students

Now open for students with a .edu email account
send within 24 hours
anyone who gets an invite i would appreciate one

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score
So let me voice my opinions on this Google Voice. I have had some issues and am so far a little unhappy about it.

First of all, the volume is way too low. I often have to jam my phone into my ear just to barely be able to hear a message if I am somewhere even remotely loud. I'm not talking about a bar at midnight, but more like at a family restaurant at dinner time. I never had this problem using the standard voicemail.
Also, without fail, every single time I am listening to a message, it will pause itself in the middle of the message, and I'll have to hit play again. I thought maybe it was just my cheek hitting the button or something, but it even does it on speakerphone.
And don't get me started on the text. So far the only use I have been able to get out of this feature is a laugh now and then at how bad the translation is.

I desperately want this product to be awesome, but so far it's just been annoying. Anyone else having issues?

issues636

Reaction score
So let me voice my opinions on this Google Voice. I have had some issues and am so far a little unhappy about it.

First of all, the volume is way too low. I often have to jam my phone into my ear just to barely be able to hear a message if I am somewhere even remotely loud. I'm not talking about a bar at midnight, but more like at a family restaurant at dinner time. I never had this problem using the standard voicemail.
Also, without fail, every single time I am listening to a message, it will pause itself in the middle of the message, and I'll have to hit play again. I thought maybe it was just my cheek hitting the button or something, but it even does it on speakerphone.
And don't get me started on the text. So far the only use I have been able to get out of this feature is a laugh now and then at how bad the translation is.

I desperately want this product to be awesome, but so far it's just been annoying. Anyone else having issues?

I haven't really noticed either of your first two problems, I hear just fine when at restaurants, etc, and I have yet to have it pause in the middle of a message like you are mentioning. But as for the transcribing, you're right, it's pretty bad. Unless the persons enunciating like a robot, the text looks pretty horrible, and that was the main reason I tried GV out. If that doesn't get any better I'm most likely just going back to standard VM.

snappingfish

Reaction score
yup!

I'm finding that it is tricky managing home, mobile, office, and trying to set ID ringers for different folks. It would be a lot more fun if 4-5 folks I know had it too, but I bought my invite on eBaY, and Google STILL hasen't sent me an invite for me, or any extras either!

arw01

Reaction score
yep I found mine like the others on ebay. Just did a search for "google voice".

I have enjoyed being able to text from my computer to the family. Worth the $6.99 to me just being able to do that without using captcha's etc at verizon's free interface.

lschmitt

Reaction score
Google Voice isn't all its cracked up to be. I used it for about a month. I got so sick of the horrible transcriptions that i got rid of it. A heads up if you do cancel GV, you have to go through a bunch of sh*t with Verizon to get your regular VM back. Take it or leave it but Fusion VVM and Youmail are probably better if you looking for just visual voicemail. If you really, truly, desperately need another number on you cell phone, then keep trying to get GV.