google voice

cisco0910

Reaction score
Before I downloaded google voice app when you go to your contact then on the contacts cell phone number it'll give you two options. Click on phone icon to call or click on messaging icon to text. Well before when I clicked on the messaging icon it'll default to go to handcent which is what I want. Now it automatically goes to google voice sms How do I switch it the way I want?

OP
rcklss1

rcklss1

Reaction score
try....

i havent had that issue the only thing i can think of though is under the google voice app you downloaded on the market press the menu button and go into the settings from there the making calls option make sure "do not use google voice for any calls is selected. I just tested your scenario to double check and everything is still as it was.. sorry i couldnt be of more help i hope this works for you..

OP
rcklss1

rcklss1

Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is that if you had handcent set as default it might have gotten messed up uninstall and reinstall handcent so you can set it as default again

cisco0910

Reaction score
Rckiss, thanks again my friend. I didn't wanna uninstall handcent because I got it customised just the way I want it and will take forever to redo. It is fixed though, this what I did. I went to home, settings, applications, manage applications, google voice then clear default. Works now. Thanks again friend

OP
rcklss1

rcklss1

Reaction score
no problem man i'm fairly new to android and always forget about being able to set the defaults through the application manager glad your up and running again though

refthemc

Reaction score
I have an account but yet never used it. The only thing I found useful was the Voicemail function but like I said I never set it up with my number. By the way I have 3 invites if anyone wants one just Private Message me.