Google Voice

Sidewind

Reaction score
Ok so i am using Google voice for my voicemail i just recieved an IM saying i have voice mail so i read it..then i call my voicemail to actually hear it..and it says i have no voice mail yet i can see the transcript of it so where is my actual voice mail?

Last edited:

slammed

Reaction score
you can play it within google voice, or i have mine set to forward to gmail and i can also listen to it that way.

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
you can play it within google voice, or i have mine set to forward to gmail and i can also listen to it that way.

I dont want to listen to the Transcribed version i want to listen to the real thing but it says i have no voice mail

slammed

Reaction score
within the google voice app you can listen to the real thing. i can also listen to it in gmail. it gives me the option the play the message.

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
within the google voice app you can listen to the real thing. i can also listen to it in gmail. it gives me the option the play the message.

ahh ok i got it...still wierd that when i actually call my voicemail it says i dont have any

Moopz

Reaction score
ahh ok i got it...still wierd that when i actually call my voicemail it says i dont have any

When you choose to have Google Voice for your voicemail, that automatically shuts off VM from VZN. It's one or the other.

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score

When you choose to have Google Voice for your voicemail, that automatically shuts off VM from VZN. It's one or the other.

i know that i am calling my Google voicemall and its saying i have no mail..yet it transcribed it

americanmadexb

Reaction score
I have never used Google voice and not really sure what it does. Why is it better then just your normal voice mail?

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
I have never used Google voice and not really sure what it does. Why is it better then just your normal voice mail?

because you can set different voice mail announcements for different grps seeing as how i use this phone for both work and personal it works out great

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score

Google Voice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think Google is really breaking some ground on communication. Google Wave seems to be a new hub of theirs. I'm guessing at some point it will bring all the stuff like GMail and GVoice together. If they set it all up right we could move away from cell service providers and do all out calls, voicemails, txting, video chatting and such from a Google device running their software.
:icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:

cisco0910

Reaction score
I just finally got gvoice..how do you get all your contact pictures to show up without having to edit and input +1 to everybodies phone number? Also, how do you make a call? My minutes are running out for real

Dragoro

Reaction score
Unless you add your google voice outgoing number (can change depending on where you are) and your google voice number (and change settings in google voice to always show your google voice number for incoming calls which means no caller id) to your friends and family plan, using google voice will eat up your minutes just as fast if not faster.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Google voice isnt VOIP. It might be in the future, but for the present time, its not.