Google Voice Question

Reaction score
So just switched from a Droid to my Droid X today and so far everything has been alright. I am stumped on one thing and that is how to change the dedicated voicemail key on the dialer to call into Google Voice. I know with my Droid it did it, but I just can't seem to get it to work on the X. Any help on this one?

SnerdlyBosco

Reaction score
Same issue, here. Search of the older Droid forums show instructions for changing assignment of voicemail feature, but seems to be different on Droid X.

Problem is the "voicemail" button always dials *86 and goes to carrier voicemail.

In Settings | Call Settings | Voicemail service, Google Voice is selected
In Settings | Call Settings | Voicemail settings, Settings for Google Voice is selected
In speed dial #1, I added my Google Voice number
In contacts, I added a contact for "voicemail" and entered my Google Voice number

With all that set, however, pressing the voicemail icon on the native dialer or the voicemail icon in programs results in dialing *86 and connecting to carrier voicemail.

Not a huge problem as Google Voice app or speed dial 1 can get me where I want to go, but it's an annoyance to have a feature that doesn't do what I want.

chrisdouglee

Reaction score
re to google voice question

same problem here. went to a verizon store and called up their customer service as i guessed it's a verizon issue not gv - no surprise, they were not helpful at all. it's the only thing keeping me from loving my new droid x.