Google Voice Help

Relex

Reaction score
So I just got a google voice invite today and I am confused about somethings. When I set it up I selected for me to choose google voice to make calls. I've played around with the texting and when I get a text I get it in my voice inbox where I want it but I also get one regular messages inbox.

Is there a way to set it up so text messages I get from my google voice number it just goes in my voice inbox instead of both? I also called my one friend but when I call him it automatically uses google voice which I don't want.

How do I fix that and how do I select or decide when to use google voice for making calls?

Technoman

Reaction score
So I just got a google voice invite today and I am confused about somethings. When I set it up I selected for me to choose google voice to make calls. I've played around with the texting and when I get a text I get it in my voice inbox where I want it but I also get one regular messages inbox.

Is there a way to set it up so text messages I get from my google voice number it just goes in my voice inbox instead of both? I also called my one friend but when I call him it automatically uses google voice which I don't want.

How do I fix that and how do I select or decide when to use google voice for making calls?

Search and read the other Google Voice threads. They address all of these concerns.

OP
Relex

Relex

Reaction score
Well I figured out the texting thing but still not having any luck on how to stop when calling friends on my favorites how it automatically uses my Google Voice number. I also still can't find out how to choose when to call someone though Google voice or my regular number.

Technoman

Reaction score
Well I figured out the texting thing but still not having any luck on how to stop when calling friends on my favorites how it automatically uses my Google Voice number. I also still can't find out how to choose when to call someone though Google voice or my regular number.

It is in the options when you set up Google Voice.

Open Google Voice - Go to Settings - Go to Making Calls - Change to anything other that Use Google Voice to make all calls...

OP
Relex

Relex

Reaction score
Thanks, I thought I already set it up how I wanted it and I was looking on the actual site not in the app.