Google Voice Help

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Relex, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Relex

Relex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just got a google voice invite today and I am confused about somethings. When I set it up I selected for me to choose google voice to make calls. I've played around with the texting and when I get a text I get it in my voice inbox where I want it but I also get one regular messages inbox.

Is there a way to set it up so text messages I get from my google voice number it just goes in my voice inbox instead of both? I also called my one friend but when I call him it automatically uses google voice which I don't want.

How do I fix that and how do I select or decide when to use google voice for making calls?

2. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Search and read the other Google Voice threads. They address all of these concerns.

3. Relex

Relex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I figured out the texting thing but still not having any luck on how to stop when calling friends on my favorites how it automatically uses my Google Voice number. I also still can't find out how to choose when to call someone though Google voice or my regular number.

4. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is in the options when you set up Google Voice.

Open Google Voice - Go to Settings - Go to Making Calls - Change to anything other that Use Google Voice to make all calls...

5. Relex

Relex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I thought I already set it up how I wanted it and I was looking on the actual site not in the app.