Google Voice Area Code Question

chomorro

Reaction score
So i just got google voice, i found a sweet google voice phone number i wanted that spelled out my word perfectly. Only problem is i am area code 619 the sweet number is 715 which is wisconsin.

So how does google voice work? If someone calls that particular number will they get charged long distance from 619? I know it sounds stupid but im confused because my google voicemail number is 916 area code which is sacramento. So when i check my voicemail am i getting charged?

Thanks in advance

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How'd you get a word to provide a search? I keep getting 'nothing' no matter what I put in for a word :(

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You just put the word in without an area code. Most of the good words will probably be taken already though lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You just put the word in without an area code. Most of the good words will probably be taken already though lol
Man, I've put in probably 30 words with no one providing a result. Do they have to be 7 letter words? (I'm not too smart right now :()

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, just put any word and it'll show the available combos.

OP
C

chomorro

Reaction score
Man, I've put in probably 30 words with no one providing a result. Do they have to be 7 letter words? (I'm not too smart right now :()
I got lucky my word isnt common but makes sense to me :). So whats the verdict is it long distance or no?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey chomorro sorry for hijacking your thread with all the word talk lol, but as for your original question I'm going to assume that it would be considered long distance if someone is calling from a landline outside of that area code. But don't quote me on that!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any call from one area code to another is long distance unless the area code you're calling is an overlay for your city/region (i.e. your town has multiple area codes and both area codes are for your town). It doesn't matter if you're talking about Google Voice or not. Google doesn't change the way area codes work.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Reaction score
I got a good one :D mine contains epic lulz AND it's in my area code.