Google Teases Android 5.0 in New Screenshots

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android50-teased-worldcup-on-nexus-5-small.png

This screenshot from a Google Tweet teases Android 5.0. I'll give you a few moments to look over the pic for you to figure out how this differentiates from current Android and how we know this is a tease for the next big version of Android. Go ahead... take a few minutes to ponder the larger version of the pic in the thread below.

All done? Did you guess it? While there is not a single feature or graphic that is obviously different than Android 4.4.3, there is one almost too obvious clue which gives it away. The time shows 5:00PM. In the past there have been a multitude of occasions in which Google teased a glance at the next version of Android, and without fail, each time they did, the time matched the version of Android they were teasing.

When the Nexus 4 was introduced it displayed “4:20″ as the time, and came with Android 4.2. The OG Nexus 7 displayed “4:10″ in the clock and came with Android 4.1. And, the Galaxy Nexus indicated “4:00″ which reflected Android 4.0, etc. This time, it was an innocuous WorldCup Tweet teasing the new version of Android on a Nexus 5.

Of course, this could all be a coincidence. If you believe that, I have some beach-front property in New Mexico to sell you. Alternatively, this could be Google simply trolling us with a bit of fun...

What do you think?

Source: Twitter - @Google

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the larger version of that pic:

android50-teased-worldcup-on-nexus-5.png

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe Lava Cake? Not likely...

I think it will be Lemon Pie

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Licorice! Licorice! Licorice!

The difference is the fact that the Navigation keys are now floating on top of the current window, instead of being in a separate section of the screen.

Akhenax for the win. :D

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good catch akhenax! Go to the head of the class and collect your gold star! ;)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Navigation buttons look the same name, unless I am missing something.

anumy2y9.jpg

e2uzyguh.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Navigation buttons look the same name, unless I am missing something.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ahh, there's the rub. Is your current version of Android different from my current version of Android, different from THE current version of Android? :biggrin:

I'm running 4.4

Still, if you are running 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 then I guess there be no diff in the general UI. :blink: ???