google redirect?

budlight4me

Reaction score
It appears I have some bs attached to pc browser somewhere, all search results selected send me to nothing related to my search. Using 64 bit win7, is there a free rootkit solution available somewhere?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Spybot or malwarebytes typically do a good job removing browser redirects/hijackers.

Safer-networking.org for Spybot

Mwbytes.org for Malwarebytes.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I've had a few of these on work computers recently. Malwarebytes usually takes care of it, but you have to download it from a clean PC and install it from a USB stick. I found that when I tried to go to Malwarebytes it would usually redirect me to an ad site instead.

I've also had a user who's gotten some malware that hides ALL his folders in every directory on his PC so it looks like he has nothing installed. I thought that one was pretty fun.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Laur3nNewm4n said:
I've also had a user who's gotten some malware that hides ALL his folders in every directory on his PC so it looks like he has nothing installed. I thought that one was pretty fun.

Oh man, I came across that one too here at work...that was a nasty one.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Oh man, I came across that one too here at work...that was a nasty one.

That one, the redirect one, and a new fake system checker have been the most popular here. Yuck. I keep telling people that they don't just come from nowhere; they allowed it onto the PC somehow. I don't think they believe me though. :/

OP
budlight4me

budlight4me

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, but I had no luck with spybot or mwb.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums