Google: Ranked Best Employer; CEO Says to Apple 'How's thermonuclear war working?'

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 18, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,728
    [​IMG]

We have some interesting Google news this morning. First up, Fortune magazine ranked the top 100 companies to work for, and Google is in the number one spot on that list for the fourth year in a row. Interestingly, Apple is not even in the top 100. Here's Fortune's reasoning why Google continues to hold the crown,

Our second bit of news comes from Google's top dog himself, Larry Page. In our title above we slightly paraphrased his statement. In an interview with Wired magazine, the Google CEO and co-founder responded to questions regarding the late Steve Jobs' and Apple's thermonuclear war against Android. His full response was, “How well is that working?” Here's a quote with the exchange that was this part of the interview,

It's probably not surprising to see him respond this way. For the most part, Apple's legal war against "practically everyone" has done nothing useful except stifle creativity and slow innovation, and Page is simply implying the results have been useless.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Get it Google!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3. Asgard

Asgard Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm sad because as a Chemical engineer and material scientist, I don't have an opportunity to work at Google, since I don't develop software.
    But way to go, I just hope they get bigger and win again next year.

4. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    FWIW, all of those nice bennies that Google offers (i.e. massages, dental work, laundry, free meals in the company cafeterias, etc.) are only available if you work at Google's Mountain View headquarters campus. If you're working at Google's NY offices, or any of the other offices Google has through the country or in other countries, you may not get the same perks.

5. bastosero

bastosero Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Watch this then! >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rWlHtvZHbZ8

They might not be the exact same perks, but they are all still pretty good! :p

6. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    That video talks about the perks at their headquarters. The main idea of the perks is that they make it easier for the employees so they don't need to leave work to take care of things like eating, doctor or dentist visits, doing laundry, etc. so they can stay at their desks and keep working. :p

Back in the 90's when the tech industry was booming and stock prices made many tech employees millionaires, perks like this was commonplace in Silicon Valley. When the tech bubble burst, a lot of these perks went away. If you recall there was that dark period when John Sculley was ousted from Apple and Steve Jobs was brought back and Apple nearly went under until Bill Gates and Microsoft gave Apple an infusion of cash to get them going. Money was so tight for Apple at the time that if anyone at Apple needed to send something by Fedex, they actually needed to get upper management approval.

7. bastosero

bastosero Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Did you really watch the whole video? :p At the end of the video, it does show other Google offices and the perks they have there. They might not be as extreme or as many like at the main headquarters, but they do still get perks. Also, I'm pretty sure food and health benefits are pretty common for all Google offices.

Search tags for this page
apple best employer
apple best employer ranking
apple vs samsung best employer
apple vs. google as employer
google best employer ranking

google employer

is apple a good employer

which company is better to work for apple or google

why apple not best employer work

why google is best place to work