Google play store not working?

kaykay235

Reaction score
I have never had issues with the play store, but for some reason it will not open tonight. when I press the icon to open it, it flashes open for less than a second then disappears. sometimes it will say something about the play store not responding. I've tried restarting my phone and that didn't work. please help! btw I have a Samsung galaxy s3 if that matters.

OP
kaykay235

kaykay235

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with me disabling downloads earlier, but i don't know how to enable them again, now! I'm such a mess, lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try clearing the cache, if that doesn't work clear the data. And if that doesn't work, remove your Google account and log back in.

tharlegames

Reaction score
I had same issue yesterday! i have two accounts on google with same device i tried to use play store didn't work neither any other google apps. So i removed one account and restarted the device and issue was resolved. first try this then if didn't work follow @dezymond instruction remove data.

OP
kaykay235

kaykay235

Reaction score
removing one of my accounts and restarting didn't work. @dezymond - when you say clear data, do you mean do a factory reset?

does anyone know how to enable downloads? i disabled them and now i have no idea how to enable them again.

newbroot83

Reaction score
removing one of my accounts and restarting didn't work. @dezymond - when you say clear data, do you mean do a factory reset?

does anyone know how to enable downloads? i disabled them and now i have no idea how to enable them again.

To clear the cache:
1. Power down the phone completely.
2. Boot into recovery (I believe its holding volume up, home, and power at the same time)
3. Using the volume rocker scroll to clear cache partition.
4. Select cache partition using the power button.
5. Reboot device

To turn downloads back on ypu have to open play store and hit the menu button. Its somewhere around the middle of the settings page.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Did you try to go to settings /application manager /All tab... Find Google play store.. Clear data... Reboot... And go back in after reboot

N2 tap'd HD

OP
kaykay235

kaykay235

Reaction score
thanks so much everyone. i figured out to enable downloads again i just had to scroll all the way to the end of the app manager all apps list and click downloads then enable! can't believe it took me two days to figure that out! google play store is now working again :)

newbroot83

Reaction score
thanks so much everyone. i figured out to enable downloads again i just had to scroll all the way to the end of the app manager all apps list and click downloads then enable! can't believe it took me two days to figure that out! google play store is now working again :)

Get your cache cleared?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2