Google play store errors

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you've been getting random errors while trying to download apps and not seeing your paid apps show up this past week then dont worry, Its most likely not your device or rom. Google has been having server issues this past week which has caused the play store errors and apps not showing up, and also possibly errors with other google apps (gmail?) The problems are also present when using the play store website and gmail websites. Google is currently looking into these errors to get them fixed and dont worry your paid apps are safe as soon as the server issues are fixed

sources:
android central-
Getting Google Play store errors? You're not alone | Android Central

the verge-
Google investigating missing purchased apps in Play store | The Verge

reavesb

Reaction score
OK. I've done something dumb. Was getting "server error 941" whenever I tried to update an app in the google play store. Read on a forum somewhere that I could "fix" the problem by uninstalling google play store and reverting to the old android market. So I uninstalled google play store. Now it's gone, and there's no market on my phone. Can't figure out how to download either android market or google play store. How'm I gonna get any apps or updates now? Ideas? Help?:question:

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. I've done something dumb. Was getting "server error 941" whenever I tried to update an app in the google play store. Read on a forum somewhere that I could "fix" the problem by uninstalling google play store and reverting to the old android market. So I uninstalled google play store. Now it's gone, and there's no market on my phone. Can't figure out how to download either android market or google play store. How'm I gonna get any apps or updates now? Ideas? Help?:question:
try reinstalling the play store
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tore-formerly-android-market-v3-5-15-apk.html

im guessing you are rooted? (dont know if you can uninstall system apps without root?)
so to install it to /system with terminal emulator (its an app but if you dont have it im sure you can find it, if not i'll upload it), put the play store app on your sdcard (not in any folders at all) and type this in terminal app
Code:
su
sysrw
install /sdcard/com.android.vending-3.5.15.apk /system
then run fix permissions and reboot

reavesb

Reaction score
Thanx for the quick reply!
No, I'm not rooted. But I did a simple reboot and lo! the android market was there! Soon as I started to use it, it upgraded to google play store - and the apps that needed updating got updated with no more server error 941!
Problem solved!