play store

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by dbug209, Aug 31, 2014.

1. dbug209

dbug209 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s5
    I am able to download apps from the Play store but it will not allow me to download music. I keep getting an error about problem getting information from server... what to do?

2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I had this issue as well.. I'm wondering if the play store is having problems?? Have an expert call you... That's what i did.. But no results

3. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,713
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    I rarely if ever download music from the Play Store but had a similar issue a few weeks ago trying to download a free album. After numerous failed attempts I simply gave up, it wasn't that important to me. Just wanted throw it out there that I had the same problem. Good luck guys, hopefully someone will know of an easy fix.

tap'n on my S5

4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,731
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    This seems like a weird issue with Play Music. After reading your post I realized there was some music I purchased a while back and never downloaded to my new phone. At first it would not download because of the deeply hidden "only download via WiFi" setting. Once I turned WiFi on the download started but nothing was happening. I turned WiFi off and got an error that I had no internet connection and the download stopped. Then a few seconds later I got the download successful notification. Very strange. I wonder if the issue is with the newest Play Store version? Maybe uninstall the Play Store updates? If that's even possible?

5. promo87

promo87 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you could also also try heading over to the application manager by going over to the settings> application manager> Clear the cache and the data stored by the Google PlayStore ! And see if that works out for you or not !

Search tags for this page

error retrieving information from server google play store