Spam Play Store Games

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ever notice how so many forums are bombarded with posts for "new games" that we should try? Many are probably safe apps, just developers trying to get their product out to people. But some are obviously not safe. Google found quite a few driving games lately in the Play Store that were actually malicious.

Source: Half a million Android users tricked into downloading malware from Google Play

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Gotta read the reviews and note the number of downloads. You would think people would know this by now but I guess not.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Apparently some of the apps were on the "trending" lists, so that caused even more people to download them. Oops!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Part of the problem is with the people downloading them without checking them out but part of the blame lies with Google as well. I thought they said that they had adequate protections in place to sniff these bad apps out. I guess the protections weren't adequate enough. They need to concentrate more on protecting the play store and less on manipulating and steering search results.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree, Google needs to have better spam protection in place.