Google Photos Shortcut Built Into Camera With New Update!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google_photos_camera_shortcut-2.jpg

Alongside the Nexus 6P announcement a few months ago Google announced some pretty awesome new Google Photos features. One of the main new additions to Photos was the fact that you are able to store unlimited high quality images for life! This would make it the go to cloud storage option, or at least you would think.

I have used photos in the past, but for the most part I simply forget that it is there. Google is looking to change that with the new Photos update. The update will introduce a new shortcut for photos in your camera app. This features allows you to quickly jump to the Photos app instead of your phone's gallery. For me this serves as an easy reminder to backup my photos. I just logged into photos for the first time in months and realized the last photo i backed up their was from 6 months ago :(. Hopefully this new feature will help me keep my important photos backed up.

via Play Store

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've been using Photos to at least backup my pictures since they announced the free unlimited storage. Even got my dad using it. I'm glad they added this shortcut, since I'm using an S3 right now while my 6P is getting repaired. On the 6P, the stock camera took me to Photos to view my gallery.

I did notice that the shortcut stayed around after I'd closed the camera the other day though. Might need a little tweaking.

Photos on the S3 also doesn't seem to bring up my entire cloud collection when I try to add a picture to a Facebook comment/etc. I thought it brought them all up on the 6P, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

In any case, I like Photos as a gallery app. Nicely organized and allows easy searching. Not to mention, with the backup, as long as I have a data connection, I have any picture I've ever uploaded without taking up local storage space.