Google Pays Billions Of Dollars To Be The Default Search Engine On iPhone and iPad?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apple-logo-cash-jpg.77764

According to research from financial firm Bernstein Google will be paying up to $3Billion this year to remain the default search engine on the iPhone and iPad. These numbers come factors reported to the media by Apple and Google. Apple has retained as much as 34 percent of traffic revenue. Google paid Apple $1Billion in 2014. According to High Street firms Google will make $50 Billion this year which is up from $16 Billion in 2014 which is roughly three times as much. This means that Google may be paying Apple $3 Billion. In the end it is probably worth it. Most people end up using what comes up first. Somehow chrome on my Dell defaults to Yahoo?! I generally end up just using Yahoo unless I need Google for something specific. Of course it would be easy enough to go change the default in settings. Apple is looking to double their 2016 service revenue by 2020, and can probably achieve this with licensing default apps. In case you were wondering companies are paying big for that prime real estate which is your phone.

via Pocketnow

Attachments

• Apple-Logo-Cash.jpg
    Apple-Logo-Cash.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,238

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
If I had an iPhone, I'd just tell them to pay me $100,000 to keep using Google...which I would do anyway.