Google Now

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
ok, just upgraded to .246, deodexed then installed google now. Everything works great.

Whaler1989

Reaction score
Anyone know when it will be available to the general public?

usmc111111

Reaction score
I just put it on my xoom last night and it's working great, lost my radio but who cares with share everything i will never activate it anyway unless it's free, it's actually keeping up pretty good side by side with my gf's nexus 7

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Anyone know when it will be available to the general public?

Beckeramos post right above your's will get you Google Now. You don't need to be on Jellybean, this will work on any verison of ICS. Read the ENTIRE thing before you ask questions on that thread....if not they will publicly embarrass you.

Whaler1989

Reaction score
Beckeramos post right above your's will get you Google Now. You don't need to be on Jellybean, this will work on any verison of ICS. Read the ENTIRE thing before you ask questions on that thread....if not they will publicly embarrass you.

I started reading that thread but stopped when I read the part that I would need to root my device, if that is incorrect let me know. I started reading about rooting :blink:, I quicly came to the conclusion it's probably not worth the hassle, not for me anyway.

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Whaler1989 said:
I started reading that thread but stopped when I read the part that I would need to root my device, if that is incorrect let me know. I started reading about rooting :blink:, I quicly came to the conclusion it's probably not worth the hassle, not for me anyway.

Honestly its just too easy to root these days that there is no hassle. All you have to do is download DROID razr utility... And let it do its thing.

Here is the link for the utility... http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...-182-windows-for-verizon-droid-razrmaxx-only/

Read it. It's worth it.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I couldn't do it...but I don't have a home computer anymore.

Whaler1989

Reaction score
Read it. It's worth it.

Thank you, I'll read it over the weekend.

I didn't see there's a utility so that probably reduces the complexity. Now my biggest concern is if I goof something up it could be painful. I'm much more reliant on this device than ever before, at this point I'm trying to justify the risk/reward.

ICS has caused a number of glitches that I'm trying to resolve. My understanding is if I root my device I'm on my own for support but not sure that matters since Verizon hasn't been much help...