Google Now made available to ICS devices via Flashable zips!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bacK_N_87 said:
Are you sure? Rooting doesn't change the fact that your phone is still stock. Just means your phone is rooted. I thought you had to have a custom rom to flash this.

Just need to be rooted and have custom recovery installed.

scout82

Reaction score
Just installed this on my SGS 3 running stock rom and it works perfect! Awesome job guys, thanks!

So...curious...were you rooted? Or were you just running an out of the box S3? And what carrier? I'm thinking about trying this on my unrooted Verizon S3.

BKiv

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will be updated as Google Now will be updated? I saw that Google Now was updated not to long ago.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is updated as the Devs are able to do so. The last GNow update wasn't anything huge, but the tweaks will be implemented at some point.

As to the poster above asking about root: yes, you must be rooted to do this.

vsarda

Reaction score
force closes on my atrix 2

Its been 2 days I am trying to get it working on my OTA ICS atrix 2, rooted... Any help will be appreciated. How do I find out if I have enough memory in my system partition to run it? Thank you...

DBLDWN86

Reaction score
Just installed this on my Maxx via bootstrap. Going to see now what this thing can do.

Ok, tried vigoursly to get it to work on my Razr Maxx HD. Didn't work.:angry:
So my question is this; Since now I'm rooted will I still get to update to JB via OTA?
Another question is I tried to do a factory reset and it won't work. Shows the device as locked.
Can anyone out there help this desperate noob?! :icon_eek:
Thanks!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to use the Moto Utility 1.8 to restore to stock. As to the Google Now not working, most likely you didn't have enough free system space.

vsarda

Reaction score
Thanks, but I am already using es file explorer

Thanks for your reply MissionImprobable... I have es file explorer, but how do I find how much memory is there in my system? It might be easy, but I think I am missing something. I dont have any folder called partition. I thought of partitioning my sd card, but fear wiping it out completely (I have everything backed up using titanium, but dont want to go through the pain. But once I know how to check it and all, I might be willing to take the pain, but only I am sure of positive end result. I enjoy playing around, but hate to hurry and then regret, so hope you understand my pain and eagerness, both... Thanks a lot.

PS, I just noticed that one of the task manager from market says I have more than 300mb of free RAM memory. I dont know if it helps. Thank...

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to do it in ES, but there should be a way to check once you're in the /system folder. In Super Manager it displays at the top once you're in the directory.