Google Marketplace Purchase History?

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I had an interesting conversation with my bank this morning about some 'potentially fraudulant' charges, all from Google Marketplace. I was able to recall all but 1 off the top off my head, so I jumped into Marketplace.

The download history was there, of course, but I couldn't find a purchase history. I had no choice but to tell my bank I couldn't identify the charge, so they labeled it fraudulant.

Basically, what I want to know is, is there a purchase history in marketplace? If this is going to happen when I buy from google marketplace, it would be handy to be able to say definitively what every charge is.

swallman

Reaction score
I could be wrong (since I haven't actually purchased anything from the Market yet), but I believe everything goes through your Google "Checkout" account which you should be able to see online (checkout.google.com)

I brought up my account on the web and I see a prior purchase I made with the account - I'd imagine Market purchases show up here too ?

Guchi

Reaction score
I could be wrong (since I haven't actually purchased anything from the Market yet), but I believe everything goes through your Google "Checkout" account which you should be able to see online (checkout.google.com)

I brought up my account on the web and I see a prior purchase I made with the account - I'd imagine Market purchases show up here too ?

log into your igoogle and find checkout. it will have a purchase history. let us know!!!

OP
D

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I follwed the link from Swallman. It turns out that the only charges on my card according to that were the ones I remembered already. The charge in question wasn't listed, so I guess I should say 'good catch' to my bank.

swallman

Reaction score
Maybe the bank just saw an authorization come through (not an actual charge) ? I know a few weeks ago there was a thread in regards to some other credit accounts getting charged incorrectly through the Market...might want to check that thread out...

Droidnought

Reaction score
I had an interesting conversation with my bank this morning about some 'potentially fraudulant' charges, all from Google Marketplace.

I had the same call this morning - I paid $1.99 for an app last night/early this morning and a VISA computer called to verify it was valid. I ended up talking to a human and everything turned out ok, but it was kind of surprising.

Wally

Ding911

Reaction score
WOW! You know, thinking back on it, I would really hate to view my Market purchase history. Talk about being nickel and dimed to death.. Soooo many apps that I just HAD to have and never use now. Seeing the cost of that would make me cry. lol

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go to the market, and then look for the app you were wondering about... wouldn't it either say 'installed' or 'purchased' (if you'd uninstalled a purchased app) next to the app name?

OP
D

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
If you go to the market, and then look for the app you were wondering about... wouldn't it either say 'installed' or 'purchased' (if you'd uninstalled a purchased app) next to the app name?

But it doesn't say what the cost was. The amount of the charge in question didn't match up with anything I remembered buying, so going thru the marketplace didn't do any good.

Droidnought

Reaction score
But it doesn't say what the cost was. The amount of the charge in question didn't match up with anything I remembered buying, so going thru the marketplace didn't do any good.

That is exactly the problem I ran into when I got the call. I had created a label called "Receipts" to file all the purchase confirmation emails in GMail, but it was awkward trying to go through those while the Visa rep was on the phone. And, it turns out, the charge I didn't recognize was a $1.00 "pre-charge" that the computer voice read to me. When I talked to the live person she explained the computer reads off the last 5 charges no matter what they were. That $1.00 "pre-charge" was replaced by the actual $1.99 app charge, but it caused a lot of confusion when listening to their computer.

Wally

OP
D

Dan.Droid

Reaction score

That is exactly the problem I ran into when I got the call. I had created a label called "Receipts" to file all the purchase confirmation emails in GMail, but it was awkward trying to go through those while the Visa rep was on the phone. And, it turns out, the charge I didn't recognize was a $1.00 "pre-charge" that the computer voice read to me. When I talked to the live person she explained the computer reads off the last 5 charges no matter what they were. That $1.00 "pre-charge" was replaced by the actual $1.99 app charge, but it caused a lot of confusion when listening to their computer.

Wally

That sounds like what this was, except that the charge was never 'replaced'. It was listed along with, and after, all my other charges that actually were mine.