Charge to credit card from xenium.com

Mollys Mum

Reaction score
This morning when I checked my account online I found a charge of 4.72 for a download from xenium.com. I never downloaded from this company, and when I googled it (after calling my bank to file a claim), I found that many others had been fraudulently charged the same amount. One poster theorized that "The only way I can think they might have gotten the card info is that I know I updated several existing free applications through the Verizon Droid marketplace that day. Since my phone is linked to my credit card perhaps I missed that one of the programs was no longer free? Though I figure it would show on my phone bill not my credit card."

Has anyone had any similar charges or have any idea which marketplace app might be suddenly charging for updates?

Thanks for your help.

justbob

Reaction score
That sounds completely bogus since xenium.com seems to be some kind of an IT consulting company that has nothing to do with android phones. Chances are some criminal picked their name a random to use on the charge. I would say have your bank reverse the charge and issue you a new card.