Google Maps Settings

ctkeebler

Reaction score
Hello

Im new to the driod less than a month. I was trying to use Goggle Maps and when I enter instructions the app will only give me directions on side streets, not the highway.

I cant find the setting to change it to more direct route.

Thanks

SlyHusky

Reaction score
My success in this process has only worked 1/2 of the time. It just depends on if there is a better or alternate route worth google searching for.

In the navigation view press your menu button and press route info. it will show an overview of the route. on the bottom right of that screen is a button that has a horizontal line and a dotted vertical line. Press that, and it should bring up the alternate route info.

IMO I don't think you find success with this if you are taking long trips. My suggestion is if you know a faster route take it and let the navigation reroute you. Its what I do.

Hope that helps

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
My success in this process has only worked 1/2 of the time. It just depends on if there is a better or alternate route worth google searching for.

In the navigation view press your menu button and press route info. it will show an overview of the route. on the bottom right of that screen is a button that has a horizontal line and a dotted vertical line. Press that, and it should bring up the alternate route info.

IMO I don't think you find success with this if you are taking long trips. My suggestion is if you know a faster route take it and let the navigation reroute you. Its what I do.

Hope that helps

Thats exactly what I do, I just set the navigation then drive until I Im not sure where to go next, then follow the nav.. I wish it would find a way to learn shortcuts..

SlyHusky

Reaction score
Or better yet learn from your driving patterns. If you drive freeway a lot then it takes you on the freeways, if you take side streets then maps shows the quickest side streets