Google Maps Mistake Brings Hordes of Vacationers to New Jersey Woman’s Home

Reaction score
i used google maps to try to find the nearent gas station once, it put me in a neighborhood and i almost ran out of gas trying to get to the next station!

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
She needs some bear traps and a pit

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Has no one gone on Google Mapmaker (Google Map Maker) and correct this error?

If it has been corrected, then that means the website of Google Maps is working. However, tile updates to iOS and Android take a number of weeks to publish. I'm an avid GMM user and I'm just now starting to see edits I made three weeks ago appear on my phone.

Blade765

Reaction score
Well, I STILL think, even with this mistake, that google has done a pretty good job with maps. Think of all the towns/roads/etc they have mapped out for us. Cant possibly be correct ALL of the time. And, on a final note, isnt maps/navigation still TECHNICALLY in beta? lol!

jbdavies

Reaction score
Well, I STILL think, even with this mistake, that google has done a pretty good job with maps. Think of all the towns/roads/etc they have mapped out for us. Cant possibly be correct ALL of the time. And, on a final note, isnt maps/navigation still TECHNICALLY in beta? lol!
Agreed. Just yesterday I was driving around in the mountains here in Utah, middle of nowhere and Google Maps actually had ALL of the roads I was driving on. I was highly impressed.

But, I would put up a huge medieval gate with a drawbridge and towers... but on the top of the towers would be turrets with fully automatic .50cal machine guns. With green laser sights of course... just to add to the effect. I've always wanted to do that... :)

bplewis24

Reaction score
Love it how these R tards still go past amidst the signs to keep out and private driveway...

Yeah, that's just a byproduct of people becoming too dependent on technology to the point they won't even trust their own logic and common sense.

There have been a couple times I've been on vacation and made tee time reservations at golf courses in the area. Google Maps will get me in the vicinity of the course, but occasionally it will give me the wrong entrance. Sometimes it will have me turn in to a dirt road that goes nowhere and I'll bypass it looking for a sign for the course, but I'll think to myself, "I wonder how many people drove down that dirt road into the backwoods somewhere?"

If you start hearing a banjo, turn and run the other way!

Brandon

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
She could easily strike a deal with the local tow truck company to troll her property on the daily basis to tow away trespassers and charge for pickup. They would make plenty of extra cash on the weekend.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Goodness! I remember swimming in Round Valley Reservoir when we used to live in NJ (way back when).

I do have to say, she should have a LARGE sign that states that Google Maps is WRONG and her private driveway is NOT the entrance to the Reservoir. And then all the trespassing signs and such. Though if people aren't going to READ and COMPREHEND the signs, she really can't do much.

Google should pick up the tab for any costs that she has because of this error. If they have been properly notified, then they have actual knowledge of this error.

Really, people do need to use their common sense and the brain in their head. You cannot solely rely on technology. :icon_eek:

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

No, only navigation is in beta

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
+1 to idea of force and extreme trespassing warnings. I'd personally walk out in a friggin' combat suit and ask what the hell are you doin' on my property. It works in theory :laugh:

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
LOL what gets me out of all who said Google pointed you to a wrong place and or ended up in the wrong place. First off I type in my place of travel then when it say OK we found your place. I then move ahead of the NAV start point to the end and do a SATELLITE VIEW!?!? To make sure to the best I can make out that is where I want to go. Parks are always green on the maps well most of them and you have multi-views of the places as driving with the pictures when they drove the streets. Check the road names of the places you going and I always see what near by and check the address of those places. Last or First look up the park online and or place you going then call the place. Just asking to make sure you are at bah bah address.... Just hit me the ones that drive up the driveway even with the signs would never bother with this..... Again SATELLITE helps a lot....:icon_ banana:

meaker

Reaction score
She could easily strike a deal with the local tow truck company to troll her property on the daily basis to tow away trespassers and charge for pickup. They would make plenty of extra cash on the weekend.

Bingo.. That's is what I would do.. Then sue Google for my time and damages..