Google Maps Mistake Brings Hordes of Vacationers to New Jersey Woman’s Home

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
9778913-large.jpg

Laurie Gneiding lives right on the border of Round Valley Reservoir and recently her life has been made a living hell thanks in part to Google Maps wrongly listing her home as the entrance to the reservoir, a popular vacation spot for vacationers looking to escape the summer heat. This has caused her to put up a huge 8-foot-long orange traffic barricade in her driveway with signs that read, “Private Driveway/Private Residence,” “No Park Access.” and “Google Maps is WRONG!” But still, the visitors come. Passing right by the sign and ringing on her doorbell.
Gneiding who says her biggest fear is coming home to strangers in her backyard pool has already gotten in touch with Google who says they’re working on fixing the wrong listing on Google Maps. But after six weeks and the busy 4th of July weekend, she’s understandably at her wits end.
What would you guys do in this situation? I’m thinking a moat and drawbridge would be the perfect approach (I’ve always wanted one) then I would send Google the bill. They have the money for it, right?

Google map brings recreation-seeking motorists in droves to Clinton Township family's driveway | NJ.com

phatkat66

Reaction score
Must be some vacation spot..... when they fix the mistake Id like to visit lol

Reaction score
Love it how these R tards still go past amidst the signs to keep out and private driveway... Id set up booby twaps along the driveway with a sign saying "caution risk of severe vehicle damage ahead"

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Love it how these R tards still go past amidst the signs to keep out and private driveway... Id set up booby twaps along the driveway with a sign saying "caution risk of severe vehicle damage ahead"
Yeah people just don't care. I have a house in Upstate New York, that's just like this. We have had chains, fences, planks of wood on top of cinder blocks with signs saying "No Trespassers, Private Property" hell my uncle even made a sign saying "Violators will be shot."

The "road" that we live on, is actually owned by us for a good 20-25 acres. It used to be a town road, but then they abandoned it since it was cutting right through the middle of the forest. People still think that its a way to the park thats only a mile walk on that road, instead of going out onto the main road and looping around. (It's only a 2 mile drive that way. A 10 min drive compared to a 20 min walk?!)

PainProphet

Reaction score
I love google, but I'd sue the ever living F**K out of them. In addition, I'd add huge signs(not the piddly crap she has there)I'd completely block off the drive so they couldn't drive around it, and I'd start sending 12 gauge warning blasts and flare gun shots at any vehicle the moment they try coming down my driveway. I'd basically camp out, hunt the violators, and try to make something fun out of a crappy situation.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
On my cross country trip I used Google Maps on the Droid as my navigator and it worked very well except when we went to Galveston Beach State Park, we followed the directions and wound up in this huge parking lot near some town garage complex.....What the heck?

While we were scratching our heads trying to figure out where we were a man came out of the garage and asked if we were using Google Maps and told us there was an error and pointed us in the right direction.

He said 5 campers a day wind up in that parking lot:icon_eek:

Ron W.