Google Announces Open Automotive Alliance; Teams Up with Audi, GM, Honda, Hyundai

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 6, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

It looks like the rumored Google-Audi auto alliance is even bigger than expected. Google just officially announced the Open Automotive Alliance. They are teaming up with Audi, GM, Honda and Hyundai to bring Android-powered connected cars of the future. Automobiles equipped with new Android-based User Interfaces will become available before the end of the year.

The idea goes beyond just using Android to power the Infotainment side of things. Supposedly, they are working on using Android to make customizable dashboards and more. In fact, NVIDIA just announced they are partnering up with this initiative also to bring chipsets designed specifically for automobiles. Here's the full press release for more info,

Source: Open Automotive Alliance

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,934
    dude calling chevy dealer mechanic

"yeah I bricked my phone trying to run CM"

mechanic: "what is Cyanogenmod"?

guy: "well it is a custom rom see I hated the look chevy had so I decided to root and put cm on it so I can have AOSP and over clock it and I think I installed something wrong and I forgot to to a nandroid backup"

mechanic: "sir I do not have a clue what you are talking about just drive your car in and we will take a look at it"

guy: "The car will not turn on"

mechanic "Ok just call a tow truck and have them bring it to us"

guy "does rooting void my warranty, I mean I just bought this car yesterday"?

• Like Like x 2
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Perhaps I should go to work for Chevy. Already did my bit with Nissan...hmmmmm. LOL.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!