Goodbye to Sirius?

Reaction score
When I go to download the app at the Sirius sit, it says "Get the app and try Sirius/XM free for 7 days"... Should I be somewhere else? Sorry for the ignorance :icon_eek:

That message is for people who do not have internet listening on their accounts.

Just note that it doesn't give you access to Howard Stern as he is against it for some stupid reason or another.

Anyway, as long as you have the access with your account the app will not be a 7 day trial.

rastaman

Reaction score
When I go to download the app at the Sirius sit, it says "Get the app and try Sirius/XM free for 7 days"... Should I be somewhere else? Sorry for the ignorance :icon_eek:

That message is for people who do not have internet listening on their accounts.

Just note that it doesn't give you access to Howard Stern as he is against it for some stupid reason or another.

Anyway, as long as you have the access with your account the app will not be a 7 day trial.

Thanks! I don't really care for Stern, I wanna hear Boneyard and HairNation!! :rockon:

Reaction score

Thanks! I don't really care for Stern, I wanna hear Boneyard and HairNation!! :rockon:

Haha... I am listening to Boneyard right now. =P

rastaman

Reaction score

Haha... I am listening to Boneyard right now. =P

Hey, I have it downloaded and it's asking me to Login and listen (obviously I don't have an account) or if I don't have a username and password "get a Free Trial" I guess that's what I should do? FWIW, my wife purchased it for her car so can I piggy back on her account? Which is the cheapest route to rock?

Reaction score
Hey, I have it downloaded and it's asking me to Login and listen (obviously I don't have an account) or if I don't have a username and password "get a Free Trial" I guess that's what I should do? FWIW, my wife purchased it for her car so can I piggy back on her account? Which is the cheapest route to rock?

You can log in with her account if you want.

I let the wife log in to my account when she wants to listen to disco on her computer. =P

pumbaa

Reaction score
Timing was perfect for me. I got my Droid and my Sirius sub was about to expire. They had my old credit card so I didn't even bother calling in to cancel. They've called me a few times, but I already flagged their number.

I used to drive 45 minutes one way to work, now around 10. I also traveled a lot and the satellite was great, now I have very little travel. However, with the free widgets on the Droid, all is good. Many options of personal programming that I got on Sirius, but now I do not have to pay.

I lost my desire for satellite when my Stiletto died for the 2nd time. Sirius would only replace it with a cheap car unit, that did not record. I tried it for a few months, but missed the portability too.

So now my droid replaced my GPS and my Sirius unit on my dash. Since it is also my phone, I have gone from 3 devices in my car to just 1.

So in reality my Droid has saved me money! My data went from $47/month with the Blackberry:blackberry: to $29.99, cut my satellite sub so that's another ~$15/month. Not bad!:motdroidvert:

Reaction score
Timing was perfect for me. I got my Droid and my Sirius sub was about to expire. They had my old credit card so I didn't even bother calling in to cancel. They've called me a few times, but I already flagged their number.

I used to drive 45 minutes one way to work, now around 10. I also traveled a lot and the satellite was great, now I have very little travel. However, with the free widgets on the Droid, all is good. Many options of personal programming that I got on Sirius, but now I do not have to pay.

I lost my desire for satellite when my Stiletto died for the 2nd time. Sirius would only replace it with a cheap car unit, that did not record. I tried it for a few months, but missed the portability too.

So now my droid replaced my GPS and my Sirius unit on my dash. Since it is also my phone, I have gone from 3 devices in my car to just 1.

So in reality my Droid has saved me money! My data went from $47/month with the Blackberry:blackberry: to $29.99, cut my satellite sub so that's another ~$15/month. Not bad!:motdroidvert:

The stiletto is a nice radio as far as features go, but the quality of the device itself is just bad. I have a friend with a stiletto and it likes to randomly erase his recordings, stop booting up, fails to recognize his account (he has a lifetime sub) and all kinds of issues. Since he got it, he's replaced it at least 6 times that I know of and the same problems continually pop up.

For me... well, knowing his problems, I stayed away from the stiletto line and just went with the Sportster 5. While it doesn't have the recording capabilities and the other niche features of the stiletto, it is a very reliable radio. The pause feature can pause 45 minutes worth of transmission which comes in handy (I used to travel a lot as well). I would get in my vehicle about 15 minutes before I hit the road, tune to my favorite station (Howard 100 Mon-Thurs, usually Classic Vinyl on other days) and just pause it until I left. That way, I could have continuous music when going through tunnels and such.

Anyway, I got carried away there... yeah, the stiletto is unfortunately plagued with problems.

STVA

Reaction score

This is off topic, but if someone charges an old credit card, and you agreed to these charges (which you might have by allowing them to bill you automatically), they can still come after you and ding your credit report. You should probably officially cancel.

Moos

Reaction score
If you guys like stern check out Jason Ellis on the Faction (28 on sirius in the afternoon). he's funny as hell and in my opinion much better than stern.

pumbaa

Reaction score
You are probably correct STVA, but I only agreed to being billed quarterly for one year. Somewhere along the line they changed the rules mid stream. BTW, they cut off the service, so they are not entitled to billing me at this point.

I had/have no interest in Stern. I wanted commercial free music, but after the first year, they narrowed the play-list down so much, it began to sound like top 40. Some of the announcers talked way too much on the music channels too.

Again, at this time with a 10 minute commuted the other selling point goes away. I can get everything I want on the Droid for free.

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Is there a car charger/fm transmitter out? Similar to the monster audio on that they have for the ipod.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this. I'm making a 7 hour drive next weekend and hope to purchase something decent. I was looking at the following on Amazon.com. Thoughts?

Amazon.com: MOTOROLA INC - T505 MOTOROKR (89149N): Cell Phones & Service

Oh shoot, after posting, I realized this was in the Droid X forum (used the search fuction). I have a Moto Droid 1. It's all bluetooth anyway. Just FYI