Good router that is Droid X compatible?

mickmel

Reaction score
This wifi bug is driving me nuts, and "late summer" for 2.2 means it's probably still a month away (and not a guaranteed fix for the wifi issue).

I have a WRT54G2 and can't get the X to work on it at all (mine or my wife's). Brief connection from time to time, but that's it. I've played with all of the settings as per other posts on here, but no luck.

At this point, I'm willing to spend the $50ish to get a new router that'll work with these (and everything else in the house). Any suggestions?

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
If you want zero issues with a router than the Airport Extreme is the last router you will buy. I've used, and troubleshooted them all for myself and other people. This is the only router I've ever seen just work with everything.

AirPort Extreme Base Station - Apple Store (U.S.)

I've had zero problems with this router except for the Droid X issue. If I'm not mistaken, haven't some Airport users had issues as well? I'm looking for one that the Droid X simply loves (if such as thing exists right now).

bucknutz

Reaction score
If you want zero issues with a router than the Airport Extreme is the last router you will buy. I've used, and troubleshooted them all for myself and other people. This is the only router I've ever seen just work with everything.

AirPort Extreme Base Station - Apple Store (U.S.)

I've had zero problems with this router except for the Droid X issue. If I'm not mistaken, haven't some Airport users had issues as well? I'm looking for one that the Droid X simply loves (if such as thing exists right now).

The DX hooked up without an issue since day one when I brought it home. It has worked flawlessly since then. I turn wifi on when I get home and it stays on till I leave.

I have an Airport Express running along side the Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network and use airtunes in my house.

I recently purchased app "Tasker" which i'm going to try and setup via GPS to have the wifi automatically turn on and off when I come home/leave. I've read mixed reviews but this is for another thread haha.

sda

Reaction score
I use Netgear WGR614 and have not had any problems hooking my DX to it yet.

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
Good info, thanks. I've been researching your suggestion, and it seems that the Airport Extreme is the way to go. I'll probably pick one up tomorrow. Thanks!

jaisin

Reaction score
Im rocking a crappy D-link dir-615 and it works awesome, I think theres one setting you have to change in your admin settings if your only using it as a switch but works well for me.
Droid 1
Droid X
Wii

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have a Netgear WNR2000 and was having lost of connection troubles, it would connect and disconnect constantly. I changed the speed of router from N to G and it has been fine, while it does suck having to downgrade network the phone is the only thing on wireless so I think I can deal.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have Linksys, Netgear and a Cisco routers at home and work and not a problem with any of them..

OP
mickmel

mickmel

Reaction score
I picked up the Airport Extreme. It's a bit expensive, but works great! Loving it!

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am a "MAC guy" but I picked up a Kyocera KR2 Mobile EVDO 3G/4G Router that does it all firewall, wireless cards, WAN, PCMCIA, Express card, or USB connection (phone or modem) . It will even multiplex (2) Wireless broadband cards.

nfj79

Reaction score
I'm running a D-Link DIR-625 Pre-N Router. I had a problem dropping WiFi connection on my X. All i did was change my router from a WPA to WEP. So far so good.