Gold flaking on camera button coming off

Jer

Reaction score
Good news, the color under the paint looks better! Honestly though.. gold? Welcome to 1983.. not a good year for mobile phone accents. I hate the gold on my Droid so this is actually good news for me.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Good news, the color under the paint looks better! Honestly though.. gold? Welcome to 1983.. not a good year for mobile phone accents. I hate the gold on my Droid so this is actually good news for me.

I was thinking of just scratching off the rest of the gold and coloring it with a black sharpie.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
For the ones that do have the gold pealing off problem should try to get in contact with Motorola. I wrote down their # on post #2 or you can go to Motorola.com and send them an email.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
Well I guess we're stuck with white camera buttons. I just got an email from Motorola saying that there warranty doesn't cover cosmetic issues :(:(:(

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Well I guess we're stuck with white camera buttons. I just got an email from Motorola saying that there warranty doesn't cover cosmetic issues :(:(:(

Well that kinda sticks. Hopefully something *real* fails so you can get it replaced that way?

brendanstl

Reaction score
I'm on the phone with them right now, I think I'm getting somewhere.

brendanstl

Reaction score
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIED!!!! Motorola told me to call Verizon and Verizon told me to call Motorola. Motorola asked me If it has caused any functional damage to the phone and I did inform them that I believe some of the gold flakes have gotten behind the camera button and caused it to become unresponsive at times but they still didnt seem to care. I told them that I was pretty sure they would probably be getting quite a few phone calls soon enough about this problem. Doesnt really bother me having a white button just bothers me that companies can sell such an item for so much and not add modern technology into the mix. I think thats why all other companies started using anodized buttons on their products.

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIED!!!! Motorola told me to call Verizon and Verizon told me to call Motorola. Motorola asked me If it has caused any functional damage to the phone and I did inform them that I believe some of the gold flakes have gotten behind the camera button and caused it to become unresponsive at times but they still didnt seem to care. I told them that I was pretty sure they would probably be getting quite a few phone calls soon enough about this problem. Doesnt really bother me having a white button just bothers me that companies can sell such an item for so much and not add modern technology into the mix. I think thats why all other companies started using anodized buttons on their products.

Yeah, I agree. It is the principle of going cheap on an already expensive product and then denying any wrong doing.

Anyone up for posting some pictures of coloring the white with a black sharpie marker?

vzwmandroid

Reaction score

Well Motorola told me to send my phone to them so that they can fix it and to talk to Verizon about getting a loaner phone. I'm not going thru all that just to get a new button, motorola said it would take anywhere from 10-20 business days to get my phone back. I'm good with a white button!

OP
Maverick0984

Maverick0984

Reaction score

Well Motorola told me to send my phone to them so that they can fix it and to talk to Verizon about getting a loaner phone. I'm not going thru all that just to get a new button, motorola said it would take anywhere from 10-20 business days to get my phone back. I'm good with a white button!

I'm sure they phrase it like that because they know most people won't actually do it :mad: