GoDaddy Email issues

js415

Reaction score
I have searched and can not find an exact previous issue, so I sorry in advance if I have missed it.

I picked up a new RAZR Maxx today to upgrade from my Droid X.

Everything functions fine except my email program. I have my exact same settings in the new phone, for user name, password, and server settings.

I have the same settings in two other droid phones and 2 other tablets using Droid. No matter what I do, I get a connection error that says username and/or password is wrong.

I spent about an hour on the phone with GoDaddy, and then another hour or so on the phone with Verizon. Neither could figure out what was wrong.

Went back to the store, and the techs there worked on it for another hour or two. No luck.

Tried another MAXX. No luck

Several different people entering the data, user name, password, etc.

Verizon turned the new phone off for me, and the old Droid X back on. Using the exact same settings, my e-mails started pouring into the old phone.

Finally got a refund, went back to my old phone, and now do not have a new phone!!!

Anybody else have these issues or know of how to fix it? I really liked the MAXX, but I have to have email working. Possibly a bug in the system?

Thanks,

Jerry

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Use K9.

I worked with an organization who used to use GoDaddy (before switching to Google Apps), and had the same issues you had. It was on a Droid Pro BTW. Using the K9 email client worked just fine.

markevansgroup

Reaction score
I have searched and can not find an exact previous issue, so I sorry in advance if I have missed it.

I picked up a new RAZR Maxx today to upgrade from my Droid X.

Everything functions fine except my email program. I have my exact same settings in the new phone, for user name, password, and server settings.

I have the same settings in two other droid phones and 2 other tablets using Droid. No matter what I do, I get a connection error that says username and/or password is wrong.

I spent about an hour on the phone with GoDaddy, and then another hour or so on the phone with Verizon. Neither could figure out what was wrong.

Went back to the store, and the techs there worked on it for another hour or two. No luck.

Tried another MAXX. No luck

Several different people entering the data, user name, password, etc.

Verizon turned the new phone off for me, and the old Droid X back on. Using the exact same settings, my e-mails started pouring into the old phone.

Finally got a refund, went back to my old phone, and now do not have a new phone!!!

Anybody else have these issues or know of how to fix it? I really liked the MAXX, but I have to have email working. Possibly a bug in the system?

Thanks,

Jerry

Godaddy has issues with popular droid phones. alternately, there is a godaddy webmail app available for droids. unfortunately, it has functionality issues and more often that no it will fail to load folder contents, stall, and fail to load email messages. not sure if they know or care. i tried to work out connection issues with other droid phones and found most of the techs completely incompetent. One tech did not know what imap was. i will not renew with godaddy and may move when i have the time to research the options, regardless of the amount of time left on my contract.
mark evans

Night train

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. Droid X worked ok receiving them, but i had

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had no problems with my GoDaddy email on my Maxx. I have not reloaded it since doing a reset on my phone two weeks ago though

Night train

Reaction score
Opps. Hit the wrong button. I had send issues on the X with Godaddy. Now neither will work with my maxx. (Mark, do you run a guitar newsletter?)

You can use a browser to access the Web mail program, but that's probably cumbersome.

bocabean

Reaction score
I switched over to the Razr Maxx from Blackberry on 6/11/12. I also use an IMAP Godaddy account for my primary email, in addition to a few other POP 3 accounts, not to mention the always needed Gmail accounts. I have not encountered any problems at all, even in the transition. The trick is to get the icoming and outgoing servers configured properly. I did purchase the maildroid app, after evaluating other options and it has seemed to do the job very well for me so far. I own my own business and the device is mission critical for me, so I was very selective on which mail app I decided to use.

If the orginator of this thread js415 is still following it, I would be glad to match up settings to see what is different for you.

jlee133541

Reaction score
I switched over to the Razr Maxx from Blackberry on 6/11/12. I also use an IMAP Godaddy account for my primary email, in addition to a few other POP 3 accounts, not to mention the always needed Gmail accounts. I have not encountered any problems at all, even in the transition. The trick is to get the icoming and outgoing servers configured properly. I did purchase the maildroid app, after evaluating other options and it has seemed to do the job very well for me so far. I own my own business and the device is mission critical for me, so I was very selective on which mail app I decided to use.

If the orginator of this thread js415 is still following it, I would be glad to match up settings to see what is different for you.

The problem seems to be with the Android OS. The Email accounts that are native to the phone connect well. Unfortunately Godady is not on the list. When attempting to configure manually (POP3, SSL) the best response I could get was a temporary server error. Godady had no answers. I didn't call Verizon. I used the free version of the Maildroid App to configure two Godady POP3 accounts without issue. I have a Samsung Stratosphere with Android firmware version 2.35. I used the native Andoid email App to configure Yahoo email without issue. My point is... The problem is not in the Verizon network or Goday's end. I can access both Godady accounts using Verizon data or my home WiFi, DSL using the Maildroid App. The settings are the same I have used on my Thuderbird Godady Email accouts for years. Ports 110 and 80 work for non SSL. SSL requires 995 and 465.

username = [email protected]
password = xxxxxx

Incoming server(POP3)
Servers/ports
pop.secureserver.net 110, (995) (SSL)

Outgoing server (SMTP):
smtpout.secureserver.net 80, 3535, 25, (465) (SSL)

Last edited:

wcjeep

Reaction score
Previously had godaddy account on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I used your settings on my new Samsung S3. Came right up. Try an S3 in the store.