Gobal issues brought me here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by nadine348, Sep 4, 2011.

1. nadine348

nadine348 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here, obviously, and very relieved to find this forum. I switched from Iphone to Droid back in April and have nothing but problems, now on my 3rd phone. On my first Droid I would get text messages from one person but it would show up as if someone else were sending it. I received my Verizon notification that my bill had been paid and it showed up as if a friend had sent it so I took it back to the store and they finally believed me. Then the speakers went. The new replacement phone, with the very first phone call, I couldn't hear the caller at all. The phone I have now is not much better, but since the trouble isn't consistent, I haven't taken it back in.
    Sorry for the vent, just very frustrated, and glad to find a forum that might give me some fixes.

Have a blessed weekend ...

Nadine
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum. sorry ur having issues and unfortunately there are many devices that are not working as good as we want it too. as for sound when a someone calls, ive had problems before but it was due to certain ringtones that i assigned them too that didnt like it. anyway, hope everything works out. have u factory reset? and u havent rooted it running a certain ROM are u?
  3. garysdroid

garysdroid New Member

Try adjusting your setting as well before resetting, make sure you have the latest OS downloaded
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  4. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

What is the name of your make of device?

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)
  5. nadine348

nadine348 New Member

Thank you!

I appreciate your responses ... I have the Droid 2 Global, and I have no idea what it means to 'root' the phone, although I've seen the phrase in a lot of the posts. I did go to settings to see if I could get the latest update, but it tells me no updates are available - I'm on version 2.4.330.A956, which from reading another thread, isn't the latest version. I haven't downloaded any ringtones, but the funny thing is, the problem isn't consistent. Sometimes the sound is clear and other times it's so low I can't hear it at all.
  6. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Since you're unrooted, I'd recommend a quick factory reset as well. Make sure you write down a list of the apps you've downloaded, as market will not remember all of them. As for having the latest update, the 4.5.607 update is rolling out in stages right now; it may be some time before you receive the update. You can also try *228 in dialer, perhaps your issue is due to signal strength. Tell us if it persists.

sent from my HP Touchpad
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011