GNEX went blank and rebooted itself twice in 10 minutes!

maxicat1960

Reaction score
The first time, I was listening to music, the second time texting. Any ideas as to why that happened?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hear of random reboots, but in that short amount of time seems odd. I haven't experienced any reboots for myself.

If it happens another time I would recommend you maybe try a factory reset.

droidkm

Reaction score
I had one random reboot while I was using navigation. No other issues.

dtdlurch

Reaction score
I had an issue with random reboots as well. My problem was that it wouldn't get to the lock screen after the boot animation before rebooting.

Found out it had to do with the wifi. It happens if I leave wifi on and then leave my house. For some reason it wigs out and continues to reboot until I pull back into my driveway where I can get my wifi signal. Once there, I turn off the phones wifi power and I'm good to go. Really weird....

Reaction score
The first one I had rebooted 6 times in 8 hours, once while I was talking on the phone. Wiping the phone (reset) didn't help. The rep standing next to the one helping me said it was normal and his phone (not a GN) does it all the time. I laughed and said, that's not normal, especially while on a call. Anyways, I exchanged it for another one and haven't had a problem with the new one.

rjcapp

Reaction score
I have owned my phone for 3 days now. I have experienced a shutdown on day 1 and 2. Day 2 I was listening to Pandora. Screen just goes blank and the GN is off.....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1919178

Anyone else experience BLACK screen / shut down while using Pandora? or in general?

Nubbie

Reaction score
It only Reboots if you're texting ugly girls. I haven't had any reboots yet.

VTX

Reaction score
My wife and I were watching a movie the other night and I noticed that her gnex randomly rebooted several times during the movie. Mine has never randomly rebooted, that I have noticed.

However, I've noticed some other bugs. If my phone just sits idle for a while and loses cell signal, but still has wifi the email push will not work. If I open up my email and hit refresh it will won't refresh. I have to turn wifi off and then on again and then any new emails will instantly show up. I've also noticed that my email widget will not always update and show the newest emails in my inbox.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Day 3. GN shut down listening to sirius.

My guess is a new phone will do the same?

triplejnj

Reaction score
This has been dubbed the BSOD (black screen of death) in another forum. Ive had it happen a couple times already. Black screen followed by reboot. Hopefully its a bug Google is working on for 4.0.3.

azgdds

Reaction score
2 reboots in 2 days that I am aware of. One while on nav, one just after a text.

captdroid

Reaction score
No problem with my GN doing BSOD here... not once thus far...

rjcapp

Reaction score
2 more today. I was working in Delaware and my signal strength sucked. I miss my bionic.....

kparks

Reaction score
The first one I had rebooted 6 times in 8 hours, once while I was talking on the phone. Wiping the phone (reset) didn't help. The rep standing next to the one helping me said it was normal and his phone (not a GN) does it all the time. I laughed and said, that's not normal, especially while on a call. Anyways, I exchanged it for another one and haven't had a problem with the new one.

LOL normal??? I hope u laughed in this guys face if he really said that he must be a true idiot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums