GNex got ran over by snowmobiles...

ntrddragn

Reaction score
it took a licking and still ticking. no case no screen protector.DancingNexus just wanted to share for fun. :D im not sure why the video was recorded like that...o well.

i gave my 5 yr daughter my phone to record hoping she doesnt drop it (i know). i hit the throttle hard and hit a big bump and she dropped it. luckily i she quickly told me and i went looking for it in the snow.

[video=youtube;m5F7WtGJ8HY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5F7WtGJ8HY&feature=share&list=UUOHgrTVdRldm1d52VXt0hxg[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow lucky you. Good thing its pretty durable, glad to hear its still working

km75

Reaction score
it took a licking and still ticking. no case no screen protector.DancingNexus just wanted to share for fun. :D im not sure why the video was recorded like that...o well.

i gave my 5 yr daughter my phone to record hoping she doesnt drop it (i know). i hit the throttle hard and hit a big bump and she dropped it. luckily i she quickly told me and i went looking for it in the snow.

[video=youtube;m5F7WtGJ8HY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5F7WtGJ8HY&feature=share&list=UUOHgrTVdRldm1d52VXt0hxg[/video]

Never record in portrait mode. When you do you get the funky sideways video. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Thanks Km75. I for some reason never noticed this before.

Yeah I'm glad it wasn't damage. But I wasn't to worry either I still have insurance on it. :)

azdrifter

Reaction score
ohhhhh WOW ! you are a very fortunate person I wonder how many phones would have gone through that and still kept working ?
Glad it's still functional .

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow not gonna lie, that was pretty awesome lol get run over, in the snow, by a snowmobile, with spikes on the tread lol awesome job Gnex lol

and yes, to iterate what km said, video does not auto rotate like camera does, once you start a video in portrait, it stays that way no matter how you rotate the phone, and vice versa. Also, one of my pet peeves so ignore me if you want, but videos were meant to be captured horizontally, not vertically, so always start and capture video horizontally :) youtube the "verticale video syndrome" for a good laugh lol

Charmed

Reaction score
Wow! That is crazy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
thanks for the tip on recording. did not know about not being able to rotate once it started :D I always start my recording in horizontal mode (when im sitting in a chair or the phone is on the car mount) so i guess thats why i never noticed it. this time around i just whip it out of my pocket and record cuz i was in a hurry.

Yeah i thought the phone was a goner. when i picked it up it was wet and snow was still around it so i thought well it didnt break but it must be fried cuz it was wet. i just shove the phone back in my pocket n hop on the snowmobile. glad it was ok even though i have insurance.

thesandman00

Reaction score
That's awesome! I ran my phone over with my car on a gravel driveway... Screen down. Thing was still fully functional but the glass was shredded. Showed my friends and they couldn't believe it.